Anybody else debating between black/white?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jian, Sep 13, 2012.

1. jian macrumors regular

I've always trying to get the white iphone if possible,
    iPhone 2G - no choice.
    iPhone 3GS - White.
    iPhone 4 - Black, but that's because white wasn't available until 6 months later.
    iPhone 4S - White.
    iPad 2 - White.
    iPad 3 Verizon White.

I always liked white, and always think white iPhone gives a more of classic Apple look.

However, with the new iPhone 5, I have to admit the black iPhone gives a nicer look.
    However, I am worried that if I get the iPhone 5 in black, and as soon as I see a white one, I will be dying to wait for 5S white to arrive.
    Apparently, I have 14 more hours to decide.
    Any body who has similar taste with mine, who's been loving the white iDevices but are debating between black and white now?

BTW< I sold my iPhone 4S on Gazelle for 280 last night, and their offer has decreased to 267 about an hour later. Glad I got it for 13 bucks more, here comes my coffee money

2. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

I've always alternated since the 3GS. This year is black.

I really like the white though, but the "gunmetal" band and back sold me on the black. I also like how the black front face hides the proximity sensor.

3. mattopotamus macrumors G5

mattopotamus

I am always a fan of black just b.c it matches my other products better. I do like the fact the white does not show nearly as many fingerprints though.

4. jian thread starter macrumors regular

Same here, except I really think black and white are equalliy nice this year.
    Now, the metal on the whites are raw aluminum, and on the blacks are...something else that I don't remember...
    Any differences? I do have sweaty hands and my palm has rusted my 08 MBP's palmrest area bad...

5. MacBreezy macrumors regular

I got the white iphone 4s when it came out and I have really enjoyed it. It's different and stays very clean looking because you can't see all of the smudge and finger print marks like you can on the black one. HOWEVER... The black iphone 5 looks incredible. I will be getting the black one this time. The other thing thats great about apple is you know you will have a chance to get the 5s in only a year so its not really like your "stuck" (I used quotations because I think both of the phones look great) with the phone for that long.

6. duction macrumors 6502a

duction

7. aohus macrumors 68000

the only choice apple fanboys have: black or white.

lol

8. jian thread starter macrumors regular

I was honestly hoping them to release a (red) version iPhone. SINCE 3G era. too bad it didn't happen for 3GS, so I just got white.

9. aohus macrumors 68000

lollll