Anybody else have an uneven "height" power button on their 5S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Don.Draper, Oct 16, 2013.

1. Don.Draper macrumors newbie

Last week the genius bar at the local apple store was nice enough to swap my defective 5S out for a "new" phone (says new on the receipt, came in a plain box with some kind of sticker on it, I'm still skeptical) All was well, until I noticed that the power button was not an even height. To make it simple, the left side of the button is near flush with the phone while the right side seems normal. Now I know this may come off as OCD, but the button is harder to push when using my left hand, due to the flushness of the button and the case. I'm worried that the button will only get worse, and then have Apple blame me for it not working anymore, prompting me to shell out 79 bucks for a replacement.

Is this enough of a reason to request another exchange? Does anybody else have this issue with their 5S, or even their 5? I know for sure that the defective 5S I exchanged didn't have this issue, but I don't want to waste time with the genius bar if this is considered "within spec." Is there usually an exchange period for swapped out phones, or would it even matter since I purchased AppleCare+ ?

Thanks for your advise. This is my first venture into the iphone world, after a long sting on the Android side. :)

2. AndrewR23 macrumors 68040

I had this exact issue on my iPhone 5...kept it because it came with 6.1.2 which was jailbreakable. Button works good tho after 6 months now

3. AJAAY macrumors regular

With phones you are pretty much "swapping problems". No phone will be perfect. If you switch again, the next phone will have some slight defect. But it's up it you on what you can tolerate.

When I first got my 4s it had a slight gap in the black plate and the metal band right where the camera is. I checked the camera it worked liked it should so I decided to keep it. 2 years later still no issues with the camera.

4. itegypt macrumors 6502

itegypt

+1
    :D

5. jonAppleSeed macrumors regular

These kind of defects are sadly par for the course now a days. Just keep bringing it back until you get a good one.

6. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

My original space gray 5S had a slightly uneven power button, my new silver 5S has the same. Guessing it's common. Let's just say for sure that the 5/5S power button isnt as solid as the 4/4S.

7. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

I had this issue with my iPhone 5 and the sleep button finally died after 6 months. Apple replaced the phone then, no questions asked.