Anybody else in USA tracking there MBP? I'm in Minneapolis..WHERES MY MAC? :)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by djstretch, Apr 15, 2009.

1. djstretch macrumors newbie

Just wondering if anybody else out there is being as psychotic as me about tracking there shipment? LOL

Mine was Ordered at 9PM on Monday the 13th via the mac website.

Says it is scheduled for delivery before 10:30 am on Friday according to fedex...I'm hoping it's sooner obviously ;)

So far I think i've determined that is on this flight from Shanghai to Anchorage

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FDX90

Anybody else out there got a MBP on the same flight? :)

Eric in Minneapolis

Attached Files:

2. djstretch thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay...so it's a combination of being VERY excited for my UMBP to ship and also being a little bored at work....

Here is the tracking status for all of us who currently have a shipment coming from Shanghai.

http://flightaware.com/live/flight/FDX90/history/20090415/1350ZZ/ZSPD/PANC

3hrs 28mins remaining in the flight :)

For all of you who thing I'm just a little crazy....currently, I'd have to agree with you :eek:

3. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

it is a little odd but hey at least you know it. i hope it's worth it.

4. TakeManhattan macrumors newbie

My MBP 17" took 8 days to be ready to ship, then spent 6 days in the hands of Fedex (to Canada, from Shanghai.) What do you have? A friend at Apple? Is your MBP customized in any way?

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Does a frog bump its ass when it hops? I would say at least 1/2 of the people on these boards who have purchased a mac have tracked it ... I assume people are tracking their new macs today.

Didn't you answer your own question using a flight tracker? ;)

Congrats, I am sure you'll love it and if not you know where to go to complain. ;)

6. djstretch thread starter macrumors newbie

Mine is stock (2.66 - 4GB Ram - Glossy - 320GB SATA)

Funny you should ask...it was ordered by a good friend of mine who is an employee at a local apple store :)

7. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

if it is a stock 2.66 and you have a local apple store why didnt you just buy it there? then you wouldnt have had to wait for it.

8. djstretch thread starter macrumors newbie

It was purchased for me by an apple employee. To get 15% discount, he had to order it online.

9. djstretch thread starter macrumors newbie

HOLY CRAP :D

My MBP must have been on an earlier flight than I had thought!!!!!

See image below!! :)

Attached Files:

10. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

oh i see. its definitely worth it for the 15%.

11. djstretch thread starter macrumors newbie

Definately :)

In my continued psychotic state, I had to figure out just which flight it came in on. Not that it matters at this point for me, but in the future if another fanatic is searching this site for a thread of hope, they may like to read the info :)

My best guess tells me that the MBP was on this flight : Qantas Airways Limited #7581 which arrived from Shanghai just 10 minutes before fedex updated the tracking info with "Int'l shipment release". I'm about 99.9% certain that means I've got the flight figured out.

12. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

i know how you feel. Can't wait to get my MBP as well. still waiting for mine to ship. Ordered on Monday a 2.93, 15" MBP with the 7200rpm HDD. No change on the order status. I would have thought they would at least indicate order processing or something like that.
    :eek:

13. m1stake macrumors 68000

14. djstretch thread starter macrumors newbie

And your point is??

15. m1stake macrumors 68000

16. djstretch thread starter macrumors newbie

Oh...you're one of "those" people....don't bother me!! :rolleyes:

17. ViciousShadow21 macrumors 68020

ViciousShadow21

Qantas huh well then you're in good shape because according to the Rain Man it never crashes:p

18. kp98072 macrumors member

didnt you hear that they are backordered until May 9th?? j/k:)

19. djstretch thread starter macrumors newbie

What a glorious sight :) See below

Attached Files:

20. Guy Mancuso macrumors 6502a

Nice to see your excitement. LOL But get some food in you and save your energy for when it arrives and yes the door bell will ring just give the poor guy a chance to get there. LOL

21. DooDaaDame macrumors member

DooDaaDame

Ordered mine Wednesday, April 8

Still waiting...but I had to have the matte screen and a everything maxed out, biggest processor, 7200 HD...ect....Supposed to be here by Friday, (tomorrow), but it's not looking good....:(on the upside I had my G4 powerbook repaired, (bad Blowers) and cleaned it's never run better!:D

22. sehnsucht77 macrumors 6502

you got way too much time, man.

tracking threads and unboxing threads...don't get 'em:confused: I mean, it'll get there when it gets there, you know?

23. DooDaaDame macrumors member

DooDaaDame

This may be why....at least for me...

Most of us have researched a long time to make this decision and the excitement is just natural and fun, and lets admit being a little obsessed goes hand in hand with being a Mac owner, for some of us.

First I had to consider the "upgrade or buy new" question, for me it was hard to let go of my old Powerbook G4 and save up the resources to purchase a top of the line MBP. When I realized the MBP was going to save me a ton of time and make my work flow easier as well as make new software available to me I spent a lot of time researching which MPB would do the job for me. I then researched known issues and compared features.
    All of this I did with the advice and fellowship of this forum.

Is it any wonder that now that the research and study is over and at long last the product is on it's way that some excitement is generated and therefore shared with fellow Mac enthusiasts who helped you along the way?

I, for one, am glad there is a place to go to share ones experiences with fellow enthusiasts. We often share our problems and dilemma's For once, this is a positive experience, similar to giving birth to a long awaited child. Most of us are involved in the creative world where we give birth to ideas and watch them develop into full grown artistic endeavors all the time...why should we not share the anticipated joy of a new platform on which to create?

I'm sure there is some person in need of your advice somewhere on this forum, leave us to our excitement, for us, something is going right....very right indeed.:eek:

Side note* My MBP was ordered custom last Wednesday and express delivery through a storefront. My salesperson has been losing more sleep than I at its delay, he has checked on the status of my order personally everyday and has been assured my MBP has now been shipped and is on it's way, even thought the status lists it as still being processed, I have to be on the road this Saturday to an event 830 miles away. My representative is a nervous wreck, I am more philosophical, but it has been great to come on this sight and see others anticipating the arrival of their MBP and sharing their experience.

24. ZenoVT macrumors regular

Hey, when did you place your order?

25. Inconsequential macrumors 68000

Oh come on.

You didn't track the progress of a few thousand pound/dollar purchase?

I did with my MBP and MP :p