Anybody else lost interest in buying an iPad 2 a month later?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by SydneyJunkie, Apr 7, 2011.

1. SydneyJunkie macrumors regular

funny how things work, the days leading up to launch I couldnt contain myself or imagine going another full day without my ipad 2. Well we all know how crazy demand was. Next thing you know a week went by, 2 weeks, then I thought "I just went 3 weeks ipad-less and dont feel like anything is missing"

Im not even sure if you can walk in and buy one today, but Im glad I worked over the stupid impulse buying. I feel better now, I didnt give in :cool:

2. mcdj macrumors 604

mcdj

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Mmkay.

Well I no longer have the urge to buy one either. Got one 2 weeks ago.

3. princealyy macrumors regular

I never had the urge to get the new one. So I got the old one. Does that count?

4. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

I actually had this same thing.... I was so tired of the crap that was going on with the ipad 2 issues I just rebought an iPad 1.

I got a 64GB 3G for 500 dollars, and honestly couldnt be happier. It is so weird how quickly that changed.

5. class77 macrumors 6502a

class77

6. ipxmbx macrumors member

I got mine upon release. Yet I can understand how a long wait can kill the excitement. The iPad 2 is a bit nicer than my original, but not as improved as Apple usually makes their second gen products. Frankly it's a bit cheap feeling compared to the original.

That said, I've been an Apple user a long time, neither the iPhone 4 or iPad 2 are Apple's best efforts. Not bad, just not up to what they are capable of.

7. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

?... I agree about the iPad 2.... but the 3G to 3GS was not a capable effort. The iPhone 4 had huge improvements on multiple levels.

8. Ungibbed macrumors 6502

Ungibbed

I'm still happy with my original 64GB wifi.

I did check out the iPad 2 demo unit in the store, but stuck to my guns. I love my original as it does everything I need. :cool:

9. Amazing Iceman macrumors 68040

Amazing Iceman

Nope, not me. I still want one. I just lost interest in the hype of when it first came out.
    Now I'll just wait until the model I want becomes available. No online ordering, no waiting list, nothing.
    I'll get it when I get it. I'm doing very well with my iPad1, so I'm OK for now.

10. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

If you have an iPad then you have to judge if the new features are worth upgrading to. If iPad-less, then you have to decide if the hype on the iPad is worth it. For many of us the answer is yes....

11. ipxmbx macrumors member

I agree with your point, my iPhone 4 does have a greater number of improvements compared to my 3GS, but we all have different preferences.

Once I got a taste of a spacious 4" display, I'm ready for Apple to catch up and include one on the next iPhone. Now THAT I could get excited about.

12. dru106 macrumors member

I drove by the Apple store in the morning the other day just to see if ppl were still waiting in line to get one and yet theres 40+ ppl at 7:30am!! Im good cuz I got mines 2 weeks ago at Target!! I thought by now most all of us shouldve gotten one by now but I guess not :(

13. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

Apple needs to revolutionize again. Not only on the hardware level, but software as well.

I think back to the first iphone and how absolutely amazed I was and just had to have it. I have had every iphone on launch day... but I feel so indifferent about it now.

I honestly am not even interested in iphone 5 rumors like I normally have been in the past. I probably wouldnt even mind if someone took my iphone from me.

I feel like its the point where they take a year off, and come back with something that really does change the game again, and not just a game changer in their opinion (like the iPad 2).

14. Richard8655 macrumors 6502

Good for you. I also resisted the Apple siren / zombie call to sleepwalk down to the Apple store to make the purchase. I miss nothing and am perfectly happy with my iPad1 and the extra 500 bucks in the bank. Waiting for iPad3 when the real reason to make the move will occur.

15. lannim macrumors member

I could never really justify paying 600 dollars to play angry birds :D

16. dru106 macrumors member

Its so worth it though lol... :D

17. SeanZy macrumors 6502a

I think I am the only one that thinks Angry Birds is sooooo boring :confused:

18. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

I bought an iPad 1 once it went on sale, and an iPad2 on launch day and I find it hard to believe you think the 2 feels cheap compared to the 1. I found my iPad2 to be of very high quality feel. My iPhone 3GS feels cheap by comparison.

19. cobaltrich27 macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

I was at work when the launch started on Friday and the next day Saturday I called around no stock to be found. After a couple more days my impulse bubble burst and I lost interest in trying to find it local.

I went ahead placed my order online with Macmall the classic no tax - free ship - $20 credit for using Macmall CC and 20 days later in the mail came a 64GB 3G AT&T Black iPad 2 for the grand total of $809 :rolleyes:

I was originally going off impulse buying and now glad I was at work that day Thanks Apple :D

20. LiloThePleo macrumors 6502

+2 I tried it, but it just never appealed to me.

21. GadgetAddict macrumors 6502

+3 I don't know why all this buzz for this game.

22. harleymhs, Apr 8, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 8, 2011

harleymhs macrumors 6502

I have to agree with the start of this post, after waiting on line for a week straight at 6AM till 9 AM .. I told my wife im DONE.. Not worth it... Totally obsessed with this thing , the too bad for me that the obsession started after launch day for ordering or getting the day they came out.. Then we both resumed our normal life styles no more APPLE lines in the cold and rain ( we live in NY ) too bad not in FLORIDA... YESTERDAY the damm thing arrived from china a week early after we totally forgot about it.. We are loving this thing now.. Just wanted to share.. We have a Macpro, macbook pro and 2 airs now this thing.. So Far So Good! Worth the wait from CHINA but not worth the wait ALL WEEK LONG waiting on the line with all the ASIAN Grey marketers....

23. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I waited nearly 8 months before deciding to buy the iPad 1 and I'm happy I did.

Agreed, I'm no angry birds fan.

24. barkomatic macrumors 68040

Yeah, I'm picking mine up from FEDEX today but I think I'm going to simply return it this weekend without even opening it. My enthusiasm completely wore off. :)

25. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

I am one of the fortunate ones, whom was able to purchase an iPad 2 of my choice on launch day. It is our first iPad. My wife loves it. This past Tuesday, I went to back to the same Apple retail store and purchased a black 32gb wifi model for my wife. I take it that the S.F. Bay Area Apple stores have a larger supply?