iPad Pro Anybody else's iPad Pro randomly wake up from sleep many times an hour?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by April Knight, Jan 10, 2016.

1. April Knight Suspended

My iPad Pro sits next to my monitor on my desk while working, and it will randomly show the "Enter Passcode or Touch ID" screen once every so often. No notifications, no interaction with it whatsoever on my behalf, and it even happens in airplane mode. It used to be just a once in a while thing, but it's been happening to me more often recently. Just in the couple of moments that I've been typing this post, it's come on three times or so.

Anybody else experience this? I've restored the iPad as new a few times now and the behavior remains the same. Wondering if I just have a dud.

2. justaphone macrumors member

I have the same issue and also am interested in thoughts.

3. Lobwedgephil macrumors 68030

4. April Knight thread starter Suspended

Do you guys have Smart Keyboards, and are they on the iPad? I notice mine does it WAY more often with the keyboard attached. It does it maybe once or twice an hour with the keyboard not attached. With it attached, it does it maybe once every 3-4 minutes-- sometimes more often.

5. Brookzy macrumors 68040

Brookzy

Mine does this, but only when the Smart Keyboard is attached. Annoying.

6. Older bird macrumors regular

Older bird

7. Beavix macrumors 6502a

Beavix

Do any of you have a Pencil near your iPads? Maybe they're waking up because they're trying to communicate with the Pencil. Turn Bluetooth off, see if it happens again.

8. PattyMc macrumors regular

PattyMc

Mine only wakes if a notification comes in, I do not have the Smart Keyboard, so makes me think it's something to do with the keyboard.

I do have a Smart Cover and Pencil and keep Bluetooth on and have not had it wake up the Pro.

9. Ghost31 macrumors 68000

Ghost31

Mine does it when i have the smart keyboard wrapped around the back. I think its a bug with the keyboard activating