Anybody finding 16GB memory to small on the 4S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by gadget123, Nov 7, 2011.

1. gadget123 macrumors 68000

With the 8mp camera, HD video, some apps like Fifa taking up more and more space each year is 16GB getting too small?

64GB was a bit pricey for me.

2. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

Like always depends on usage 8gb is overkill for my wife which is why I got her the sprint i4 while I picked up the 16gb 4s cause I also have an iPad 2 which gets most of the big apps

3. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

Nah it's fine for me...it would only become too small if i put movies and TV shows on which i won't.

does FIFA take up alot then? was going to buy that soon...

4. VydorScope macrumors regular

VydorScope

Only has to last you a year :D But 16gb seems enough for me right now, it will become to small at some point I am sure. After all we dont have 512 meg phones any more... progress means bigger apps!

5. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Not me... I only take small video clips with my phone and I'll just export them often, I have a Nano/Watch for a majority of my music (16gb) and an iPad for videos to watch at the gym.

So the iPhone is just be for games/apps and just a small playlist of podcast and music. I had an 8gb iPod Touch which was running low on room but this is twice the capacity... I'll be alright. :)

6. Neolithium macrumors 6502a

Neolithium

Doubt it. I'm going to switch from my 16GB Droid to the 16GB 4S, and I can almost guarantee my storage will be the same. For pics and movies I fire them up on the interwebz on a cloud, keep a day's worth of music and important images like new kids pics, etc on the phone. Basically still leaves me a boatload of room for apps and whatever else I may decide to add at last minute. Sure some just don't want to upload stuff, but I'd rather do that and not have to get a 64GB phone. Personal preference.

7. M87 macrumors 65816

I've always gotten 32GB in the past but I went with 16 this time and I'm feeling pretty comfortable with it. Spotify helps a lot. I do keep a pretty big cache of music, but I don't feel like I have to have every song I like stored locally at all times. I have a DSLR so I really don't take that many pictures or videos on the phone. I have 6GB free and I can't think of anything else I need stored on my phone. I like to have a lot of storage on the iPad though.

8. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

I had 16GB iPhone 4 and switched to 32GB iPhone 4S because I was running out of space

9. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

Yes. That's why I decided to go big or go home.

64GB :apple:

10. JudgeKenny macrumors member

Yeah...my last two iPhones were 16GB but I went to 32GB this year and I'm loving the extra room. To me, not having to pick and choose what syncs and what doesn't is always nice.

Dropbox, however, is a great alternative to store files you might want to have with you on the go. You can get up to 2GB of free cloud storage and can purchase more if needed.

11. Legionnaire macrumors 6502

i have three of the 50gb lifetime accounts, they offered them for awhile if u register with iphone, + I got others with touchpads i bought during firesale for 99.came with 50gb accounts as well

12. antman2295 macrumors 6502

I have the 16 GB and I'm good on space, I take pics all the time (435 atm) and I still have 6.8 GB's left and I have all the games I want on here (some are 1GB).

13. Frasern1 macrumors 6502a

I was worried that it would be so I got the 32GB and I only have like 9 GB left, the way I see it is I might as well get the bigger one and than I can put whatever I want on it.

14. lionqueen macrumors 6502

^this. I wasn't gonna go 64, but in the end I did, and I'm glad - no worries about space here. I take lots of pics and vids, and I'm sentimental and don't like to delete stuff - even tho I know I can put it on my puter, I like to have it on my phone - so I need space :cool:

15. aphexacid macrumors 6502a

aphexacid

Its perfect for me. I stream everything. Music on Rdio, Movies and shows on netflix. I have plenty of room for all of my apps, and some games.

I'm not one of those people that sits and downloads EVERYTHING in the apps store.

With all of my apps, including navigon which is like 1.5GB, i have like 10GB left i think.

I will say i wish there was an option to to shoot in 720p. I seriously think 1080p on anything but a pro camera is just overkill and not necessary.

16. PaulyD macrumors 6502

This.

Now got 9gb of music, 14gb of Apps and rest for "phone" stuff

17. stringent macrumors 6502

stringent

I always said if I found 16GB too restrictive (on either my iPad 2 or iPhone 4) then I would upgrade to the next level when the new iToy comes out. However I haven't filled either 16GB devices. Granted I don't fill it up with lots of apps or videos, but I think I can manage my space effectively. But currently, I don't need 32GB! I just put on there what I need.

18. mariotr87 macrumors regular

I think is too small. I know that it depends on the person, but if you really want to USE your iPhone (music, videos, apps, taking pictures, 1080p videos...) you will have to delete part of your stuff from time to time, and I don't see the point in doing that in such a device, that it's supposed to be with you all the time.

I think that 32 is the least you should get. I got a 32gb iPod touch 4g that I never filled up (although I only have 9 gb left, so 16 wouldn't have been enough). Now I'm getting a 64gb iPhone 4s, "just in case", because with such a nice camera I'll probably take lots of pictures and videos.

19. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

I had a 8gb iPhone 3G. And went for the 32gb version for the 4S. It's nice not having to pick and choose what syncs and what doesn't. Plus the 32gb should last me for at least 3 years.

20. Jason black macrumors regular

64g is the way to go. I already have 30+ gb of music..

21. Hudzilla macrumors 6502a

Hudzilla

16's fine for me.

Instead of paying the pricey amount for the 64. just afew swaps during the week, and its good to go.

22. Thetonyk123 macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

32gb is awesome. It fits all that I want and lots of room to spare.

23. hexonxonx macrumors 601

I am picking up my 64GB phone in a few hours. I had been expecting a 64GB phone last year and this year, I knew it would be a reality. I like to have a lot of music along with all of my music videos, about 150 of them so far. Add in a few navigation apps and my 32GB was just too small. I could not have a smaller capacity phone after this.

24. ryuu55 macrumors newbie

I currently have a 16, that's all I ever needed on my old android, but I will be getting 32+ on my next iPhone. I export on a regular basis to make sure I have room for pics/vids, it would be nice to have a little slack in the future.