Anybody get an iphone 5 black in good condition??? Any pics??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by olliedoogin, Sep 25, 2012.

1. olliedoogin, Sep 25, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2012

olliedoogin macrumors newbie

Hi,
    Has anybody bought an iphone 5 black that doesn't have any nicks on it??? If so could you please show me. Im about to send mine back for a replacement!!

2. zer0cool2011 macrumors newbie

Here

Mine is perfectly nick-free (as I suspect are many others).
    I can't show you, as I only have the iPhone 6 itself to take a picture here at work.

3. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

Why do you need proof that others have pristine iPhones before sending yours back?

If yours arrived scuffed up, just return it.

4. EricSjos macrumors member

I received mine in perfect condition. Ordered from Verizon. Was shipped to me Friday afternoon.

5. kunaalarria macrumors member

perfect condition as well. miticulously inspected. There was a speck when i first opened it, but it came right off. Same story with the other 6 people in our office with the 5. no problems

6. TSloper macrumors member

7. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

just got back from a friends house where his iphone was just delivered.

Both mine (64gb black) and his (32gb black) are perfect.

Here's the kicker...

I plug my phone in almost every single night. I also plug headphones in almost every single night (I like to catch some news/break/music before bed). I do this in the dark, blind -- thank you apple for the reversible connector by the way... I had a HELL of a time plugging in the charger last night... I could HEAR it scraping all along the bottom of the phone as I searched around <insert failed love life joke here>. Not a single mark. I think I may see a tiny scratch or something but nothing thru to the metal.

8. penajmz macrumors 68030

penajmz

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

There's millions of other black iphone 5's with no nicks or scratches.
    You really need proof or do you think they are all scratched up because yours was?

10. KdParker macrumors 601

KdParker

11. zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

If the finish is so hard to scratch, it makes me wonder WTF happened at the plant to cause so much damage to them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had internal damage too, if they were subjected to that much abuse!

12. Surrylic macrumors regular

The vast majority come problem free. What you're hearing all over message boards is the vocal minority. Mine came 100% perfect and still looks good even after I bonked it on a metal laundry room shelf (tho I did die inside for a moment).

13. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

I was just talking to my aforementioned friend and we were discussing how we wish we had the nads to carry these around w/o a case... I may do it one day... for the cost of 2 otterbox cases, I could have it repalced under my applecare warranty...

14. Funnone macrumors regular

15. brand macrumors 601

brand

Yes it is in good condition and no I will not prove it. Seems childish to ask people to prove that they received an iPhone 5 in good condition.

16. olliedoogin thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the replies. Just asked because mine has a major chip in the aluminium bezel on the phone and was like that straight out of the box. Wasn't happy seen as I just spent £600 on it to open a new phone which wasn't perfect.

17. jclardy macrumors 68040

jclardy

18. toondw macrumors 6502

Prove it? Why should anybody have to prove they received a good phone? What is this forum coming too?..