Anybody going to watch the De La Hoya v Mayweather Fight?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Teh Don Ditty, May 5, 2007.

1. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

So as the title says who's watching it tonight? I originally didn't want to blow the $55 for it (which by the way is disgusting to say the least) but I think I'm going to.

Should be a great fight and that's all I want to see.

What's your thoughts?

2. ich1ban macrumors regular

ich1ban

Yeah I'm going to watch it...for free! I like both fighters but I have a feeling Mayweather is going to take this fight.

3. zioxide macrumors 603

zioxide

Waste of money.. I'll just watch the highlights on SC after. I'll be watching the Sox game while it's on anyways

4. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

I'll be watching. Only $10 at the local sports bar.

Question: Are there some other fights before the main event? I would imagine we won't see De La Hoya and Mayweather square off until about 11 EST. Man, I hope Oscar can catch Floyd with a powerful Left Hook. Put that loud mouth on the mat :mad: A win by De La Hoya would be HUGE. It's probably a long shot though. I wonder if he's ever been the underdog...

5. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

By highlights, you mean "still photos." :) For some reason, boxing is different than any other sport...a certain amount of time has to pass before anyone else can show video from the fight. Or, at least, I think that's how it is.

6. Teh Don Ditty thread starter macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

I don't think there are other fights before the main event. I mean this is perhaps one of the biggest fights evar.

7. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Okay, I just Googled for the undercard. Indeed there are two fights before the main event. Click here for info. One of the bouts is between two undefeated fighters...

Twenty-year-old junior featherweight Rey "Boom Boom" Bautista (22-0, 17 KOs), one of the brightest rising stars from the Philippines, faces Sergio Manuel Medina (28-0, 16 KOs) of Argentina in a 12-round junior featherweight title eliminator. The winner earns a shot at titlist Daniel Ponce De Leon.

8. Teh Don Ditty thread starter macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Boooooooooooooooooo! I just wanna see me some main event aciton!

9. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

I'm gonna show up at the bar at 10 EST. Hope to find a place to sit, but I'm not counting on it :eek:

10. Teh Don Ditty thread starter macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

Best of luck to ya finding that seat. As long as you see the fight, that's all that matters.

11. fotografica macrumors 68040

That could be a bit of a stretch.If that's the case,then boxing's in more trouble than I thought. It'll be interesting to see how many PPV buys there are.That being said,I won't be one of them.I would give the advantage to Oscar.He's beaten some very good competition..

12. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Yep! I stopped by earlier today and checked with them. It will be on all the tv's. There's like 50 of them - should be able to get a decent vantage point from somewhere :D

Oh, and the best fight ever? IMHO, it's Hearns vs Hagler. Brutal bout. Somehow I doubt tonight will be as crazy as that ;)

13. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

can t believe De La Hoya lost, i can t stand mayweather but he fought like a p***y but he fought a smart fight...

14. Teh Don Ditty thread starter macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

I didn't say best fight ever, I said biggest fight.

In that regard it was meh.