Anybody have 2.16 Macbook with 1GB Ram and bootcamp with vista?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by CoolMacDude, Oct 10, 2008.

1. CoolMacDude macrumors regular

I sold my black macbook and 17" pro and am planning on replacing at least one of them Tuesday. I'm currently using an old 2.16 Ghz white macbook with 1 GB. I have to use bootcamp to print at work and have always ran Vista 32 Enterprise on my MBP. I can't get it to install on the 2.16 Macbook. It has Leopard so its got the built it bootcamp utility.

I'm just curious what your experience is. I know you need a gig to run vista. I have 2x1GB out of my Macbook Pro that I upgraded to 4GB. Would putting in an additional 1GB make a big difference in the one I'm using.

I just need something temporary until I get a new MBP. Using a flash drive and going to a desktop to print basically sucks @ss.

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It should install just fine with 1 GB of RAM. Does the installer give a reason why not?

More RAM is always a good thing given how cheap it is right now.

3. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Fit the 2 x 1GB chips from the MBP in the MacBook and try again !

It should work fine with the 2GB and Vista should install....

4. CoolMacDude thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah I think I'm going to try the extra memory today and see what happens. When I try it now I run bootcamp utility and setup the partition and then it asks to run a 32bit copy of Vista and click continue. The computer restarts and sits at a black screen with a blinking cursor. I never had the problem with my BMP 2.4 or 2.6. I actually never tried on my Black MB.

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Have you tried rebooting and just holding down Option or C?

Does the disc show up normally in Finder?

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod