Anybody have a case for their Apple TV Remote?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by softapplecake, May 23, 2019.

1. softapplecake macrumors newbie

softapplecake

I've heard some folks have had their Apple TV Siri Remote smash (The front is made of glass!) why Apple switched to glass after making the stainless steel hard body remote I don't know!

Anyway I've been browsing online and wanted peoples feedback on whether it is worth getting a case or not?

I've seen a few around, some made of silicone , more recently this Wood one also caught my eye... (by Flosku) anyone have these cases?

this is the wooden one I was considering...

https://www.flosku.com/products/flosku-walnut-case-for-apple-tv-remote

Although Amazon also have a large selection of silicone ones...

What do you guys think? Or should I not bother getting a case at all?

2. BJMRamage macrumors 68020

BJMRamage

3. Casey Royals macrumors member

Casey Royals

I got the silicon case, after my remote smashed after falling 18” to the floor and having to pay $90 for a new one. I don’t want that to happen again!

4. jtara macrumors 68000

5. hardon macrumors regular

--- Post Merged, May 24, 2019 ---
    Yes and yes

6. Expobill Suspended

Expobill

i would like to make a federal case against the remote, but i sold that unit just this monday.

7. jtara macrumors 68000

I'm surprised that it is so easily breakable. Seems like a tough little thing, and light.

Never had an Apple product break/crack/whatever, save for a popped screen on Apple Watch 0, and have dropped many iPhones and the remote several times. I'm not particularly "accident prone" though, and I do keep my phone in an Apple silicone case.

A friend dropped his off of my fourth-floor balcony (really 6 stories as was above parking garage), and worked fine after he fished it out of the bushes. It was bushes, though, not concrete. There was drinking involved.

My 2008 aluminum Macbook has war injuries from being jostled in the overhead of a bouncy flight.

8. JBGoode macrumors 6502

JBGoode

It's horrible and I don't usually complain about things. I repurposed my 6s as a remote. It's much better.

9. jtara macrumors 68000

You either love it or you hate it.

Best remote ever made. Second-best was the old one with the ring.

10. JBGoode macrumors 6502

JBGoode

I like the idea of the touch pad remote, but don't care for the execution. I think it's a bit too small, too slippery, and I'm not sure if it's too sensitive or the small size but I'm constantly overshooting the spot I'm trying to maneuver. I find using the phone app to be less frustrating plus I already have it in my hand to enter text when needed. I love that feature.

11. TheIntruder macrumors 6502a

TheIntruder

I have the Fintie/Casebot linked above.

Makes it easier to pick up/hold as well.

Don't expect the GITD green to be very bright or last very long, but it was only a few quid.

ATV4 remote is the epitome of form over function.

12. Expobill Suspended

Expobill

the firestick remote puts that remote to shame. i love the tv and volume control on the firestick remote whereas i just need one remote to control the TV!

13. Michelasso macrumors 6502

Michelasso

Bought one (actually 2 for 1, for few Euro) from Amazon immediately after buying the ATV. It was too slippery, I couldn't grab it. And it kept falling.

14. MistrSynistr macrumors 65816

They make literally ONE case for this, just copied by other companies.

It's good and gives the remote a better feel/handle.

15. Ideanj macrumors member

I use this one which is $7.99 on Amazon and it's been working great! Sturdy strap, feels comfortable in the hand and even has magnets to attach it to a TV when not in use.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B5RF470

16. Tech198 macrumors G5

17. priitv8 macrumors 68040