Anybody have any experience with Ozaki cases? They look super minimal!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by nienque, Sep 13, 2014.

1. nienque macrumors member

I saw a bunch of these cases in a local store and I was struck with how thin and minimal they look. Does anybody have any experience with using them? Do they manage to protect the iPhone from a drop, or are they mainly there for scratch protection?

http://ozakiverse.com

2. phobic99 macrumors 6502a

phobic99

Wow these do look nice. No experience with them (I've never even heard of them) but I'd be interested in trying some out.

3. markhort macrumors 6502a

markhort

I don't have one for my iPhone. However I used to have one of the traveller cases for iPad 3. Thought they were fantastic quality. I've since given the iPad to my niece and she still uses it now.

4. nienque thread starter macrumors member

Did you ever happen to drop or scrape the iPad? How did the case hold up?

I'm the kind of person who usually uses a rubbery silicone case for some 'bounciness', but with the iPhone 6 being so big I really want something thinner. I just need something that can also protect my iPhone from my butterfingers xD

5. markhort macrumors 6502a

markhort

I didn't. But my niece is a bit clumsy being 12. I had a look at it this evening, mo cracks I'm the corners and the leather is still in excellent condition.

6. maxsquared macrumors regular

I had one for iPhone 5 - those 0.3 cases

It's really thin, it doesn't change your phone's appearance dramatically, and it feels good in your hand, it works against coin scratches when your phone is in your pocket or any other light scratches, but don't expect much of a protection if you drop your phone.

It's plastic, and it will change its shape every few months.

Overall, I really liked the case, as I am not a clumsy person, so I've never dropped my phone (touch wood), it doesn't add any bulk to your phone, so it feels good in your hand, and I really didn't mind having to change the case very often... Hope this helps

7. Raffi macrumors 6502a

Raffi

Ive had Osaki that I bought in Germany and I wasn't impressed. Very cheap looking in person.