iPad anybody have crazy battery drain after JB on New Ipad

dapitts08

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
my battery is draining really fast on my ipad after jailbreak.

with no apps running in the background and only notability running I have about 10% battery left after 3 hrs....

anyone else experience this?

only tweaks i have are:

activator
color profiles
folderenhancer
fullscreen for safari
ncsettings
nolockscreen

i have a feeling one of these maybe the culprit.

h1r0ll3r

macrumors 68040
Dec 28, 2009
Maryland
Not here. I only have FolderEnhancer and Activator (from your list) installed on my iPad 3 and my battery is running normal at the moment. Had a full charge this morning so from 8am - 3pm, I still have 86% left. ncsettings is the only one I'm unfamilar with from your list.

shyam09

macrumors 68020
Oct 31, 2010
Yeah I've noticed it too....

But that's because after the JB, I've been using my iPad more :cool:

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Yeah, since the JB I've been using my iPad more and more each day. So that could be the cause of the battery drain. I'm always on it as right now its my only way to communicate with my friends back home. And with long conversations over iMessage, the screen tends to stay on for long periods of time.

dapitts08

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
yeah something is wrong on my end

Not here. I only have FolderEnhancer and Activator (from your list) installed on my iPad 3 and my battery is running normal at the moment. Had a full charge this morning so from 8am - 3pm, I still have 86% left. ncsettings is the only one I'm unfamilar with from your list.
i have lost 20% battery since I made this post :/

dapitts08

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
really?

20% over 2 hours?

So you're saying 10 hours of use = 100% battery

I think that's normal and the target of the ipad.
i have used notability for hours before this and my battery did not drain as fast.

i have used the ipad all day from a full charge watching videos, surfing the web and much more and only used 40% charge.....now i am losing 20% charge using on app for a couple of hours...

that is not normal compared to my previous use.

ZipZap

macrumors 603
Dec 14, 2007
20% over 2 hours?

So you're saying 10 hours of use = 100% battery

I think that's normal and the target of the ipad.
I agree with this...if you dont then...

You clearly have a tweak issue. Uninstall all of them and then see if your battery life returns. Add one by one watching battery for a time before installing the next.