Anybody heard of grooveshark?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Redjericho, Jun 24, 2012.

1. RocketRed macrumors 6502a

Groove Shark.

Attached Files:

2. quietstormSD macrumors 6502a

quietstormSD

Yup, I saved the bookmark to my homescreen. I believe they used to have a native app in the app store, but Apple pulled it. I think the native app is available in Cydia for jailbroken devices.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

You need to upgrade to Grooveshark Anywhere ($9/month) in order to use the mobile app.

4. labman macrumors 604

labman

I did the same thing with Spotify premium same cost but bigger selection of music. I even downloaded my music on a ipod so I don't have to use up all my data on my unlimited data plan. :rolleyes: Grooveshark is involved in some pretty big law suites right now. if your jailbroken you can get the groveshark app.. I deleted it I's rather have spotify.

5. Looon macrumors 6502a

Looon

I used to use it but I don't feel like jailbreaking just for that and bitesms anymore so I switched to Spotify.

6. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

I was using the mobile app almost from the start and was only paying $3 per month. I cancelled it after a year because I still prefer my XM.

My uploading ability on Grooveshark was suspended after I uploaded copyrighted songs. You have to be careful because they won't give you a list of what is copyrighted. They just suspend your account to prevent you from uploading again on that account and then tell you what songs were copyrighted.

7. Calidude macrumors 68000

Calidude

With an Android phone you can download an app called Dood's Music streamer which connects you to grooveshark for free.

8. Jeromett macrumors newbie

9. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Assume it's copyrighted. Because unless it's an old song (and an old arrangement at that) it IS copyrighted unless released by te artist specifically as public domain.

10. NewAnger macrumors 6502a

Yes, I'm sure all music is copyrighted but thy make it sound as if it's may not be and you just have to take a chance and see.

Likely, some of the record labels just don't monitor Grooveshark and so uploading some music never gets noticed so they get away with it. Grooveshark was removed from the iTunes store for a reason.

The album that I got my uploading privileges revoked on was Alice Cooper's Life and Crimes of Alice box set. No other bands which were much more current got noticed.