anybody in milpitas or san jose of the bay area?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Paulshaqz, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Paulshaqz macrumors 6502a

i've asked this question about a week ago but didn't really get a answer i was just curious on if at&t or verizon has better lte speeds in that area also which company has better coverage. for these areas thanks in advance.

2. cababah macrumors 68000

Fremont. I get tons of LTE all over SJ on att. All over the bay actually. This is with AT&T and I average 20-30mbps

3. erratikmind macrumors 6502a

erratikmind

North of you a bit in S.F. This is what I get on AT&T.

Attached Files:

4. Ripcord83 macrumors member

Fremont here & I easily get over 35Mbps on AT&T.
    much faster than my 30Mbps Comcast at home.

5. TheGarreth macrumors member

I live in Sunnyvale and spend most of my time around the South Bay & Peninsula. I left AT&T a year & a half ago for Verizon and at the time, AT&T's 3G data was certainly faster than Verizon's though Verizon seemed to have a more consistent connection. Call quality on AT&T was horrible though; this is why I jumped ship for VZW. Having said that, I'm not sure what AT&T's HSPA+ or LTE is like for data around here; obviously decent from what the posters above said. Verizon's LTE coverage around here has definitely impressed me - not only are the speeds excellent (anywhere from 10 to 25 down generally) but my Iphone battery seems to go alot further as well since it's not stretching to keep a tower connection and the call quality is good as usual. I can't speak to what AT&T's network is like now but my general experience was great data speed but good luck keeping a call. Hopefully, it's improved since then.

6. Paulshaqz thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks i know i'm gonna need it however my plan is to try it out for 30 days or less and see if they improved other wise i will most likey also switch to verizon myself.

7. TheGarreth macrumors member

Sounds like a good plan to me...if you're not tied down to either carrier at the moment, that seems like a great way to go.

8. lankox macrumors regular

At&t LTE for me has been all over the map in terms of speed. I've seen 3Mbps all the way to 35Mbps. It really depends on location and time of day. Also, my phone will drop down to 4G and then back to LTE on a regular basis even in solid LTE coverage.