anybody know about the lifeproof case?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kailibur, Dec 27, 2011.

1. kailibur macrumors member

i want to get one of these things for my and my mothers iphone 4s, because it seams it is better then an otterbox defender or griffin survivor, because it is waterproof, shockproof, snowproof and dirtproof. i was just wondering if i could hear from other experienced users before i make the 80 dollar purchase.

http://www.lifeproof.com/lifeproof-store/apple-cases/iphone-4-g2

thanks

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I've never had one but are you sure you need that much protection?

3. Jmill79 macrumors newbie

Got one for my daughters iPhone 4. I think its a spectacular case. In our experience there has been No effect on the touch screen, No effect on the earpiece and No effect on the other callers end. Its very slim so she can still put it in her pocket without issue. All while keeping my young daughters phone protected form "accidents".

4. twilli15 macrumors newbie

Lifeproof cases.

I have had several cases and I have also looked at the other more protective ones. The lifeproof cases are great. Enough protection in a design that is not too big. I have had no issues with using the touch screen nor have I had any issues talking on the phone. I have dropped my phone, just like I have every other phone I have owned, with this case on and I was glad to have this case on the phone. I feel like its a physical insurance policy wrapped around something I care about and want to keep in good condition.

No regrets buying this case at all. Can not wait until the arm band for this comes out.

5. maliu macrumors 6502a

Had mine since July. I wouldn't want to use anything else. The peace of mind is priceless.

6. Los macrumors regular

Had mine since the 4S launched. I'm very happy with it and plan to get another once since mine looks like its wearing out. Did open it a few times and my job is pretty heavy so a few drops here and there too but the iPhone is spotless. :D

7. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I also have one. I will never get any other case again. Very slim form factor so you don't have this big bulky case on your phone. I've never had any problems with the touch screen through that case also I have never had a problem with the proximity sensor acting up from the case. It's amazing and worth the money.

8. SporkLover macrumors 6502

For owners of this case, you say thin but I'm a skeptic.

How does it compare size-wise to a otter box defender

9. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

I have a friend that is very..ur... hard on things. :) It has saved his phone a few times, and he can even take it in the shower.;) He gave me a demo of it and I was quite impressed. If you or your mother are the kind of people that tend to be hard on things, or like to brave the elements it looks like a very good case.

10. SporkLover macrumors 6502

Your friend took a shower in front of you to demonstrate his phone case?

11. techfreak85 macrumors 68040

techfreak85

You know it.;)

No... he just dropped it and washed it in the sink and such.:p

12. AMDS macrumors newbie

I have the same question.

13. bun.bhay macrumors member

I second on the lifeproof case as well. Dropped my phone once before. Gave me a little bit of a scare. I'm glad to say, thank goodness for the case. Worth the money and the extra protection especially for what it provides.

14. Infrared1 macrumors newbie

I am a previous owner of both the Lifeproof case and the Ottorbox defender series case. I can say the life proof case is definitely a step up from the Ottorbox, while the Ottorbox could protect your iPhone more than the Lifeproof, I don't think you want to be walking around with a heavy brick. Right now I am using the apple bumper. Cases like the Ottorbox or Lifeproof defeat the purpose of buying a sleek device, I'm my opinion :)

15. Slicktype macrumors 6502

Slicktype

I received the lifeproof for my 4s for Christmas and I could not be happier. I'm a contractor and this is the perfect case hands down to have for my profession. Otis sleek enough where I can keep my phone on me all day long without it beeping annoyingly bulky like the ottorbox defender (previously owned).
    With my phone beeing inside my pocked all day, it definitely gets banged up quite allot.

16. bigjim83 macrumors 6502

I had one for a few weeks and was having touch screen issues. I usually always run my phones with nothing on the screen so I was definitely able to notice the difference. I am surprised I am the only one so far. It felt like there was just too much of a gap between the phone and the build in screen protector causing me to really have to press harder then I am used too.

17. davidra macrumors 6502

I spend a lot of time on the water, so it was an easy choice for me. I love the case. A friend had an Otterbox which was bigger and the screen protector was a major issue. My case did have a little separation between the glass and the protector, but it's decreased with time and if it does show up (i.e. if air gets into the protected ports) you just rub the top of the case along your pants and it immediately flattens out. The change in sensitivity on the touchscreen is there but minimal, IMHO. I think it's well worth the price.

18. kalex macrumors 65816

Here is a huge thread about the case http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1106274&highlight=lifeproof&page=15

My 4 posts are on this page. Case is slimmer than otterbox commuter series case but offers a lot more protection. I ended up returning it simply because my usage doesn't require so much protection but when i had the case it was definitely "lifeproof" as in i wasn't worried about my iphone. Now i'm using regular case and I constantly keep an eye out on my phone.