Anybody know of anything similar to Seeqpod?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by The Californian, May 8, 2009.

1. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

So in case you didn't know, Seeqpod has been down for a while know and a strange message on their page kinda seems like they're insinuating they were bought out by Microsoft or something ... Anyway, does anyone know of a website that is similar to Seeqpod that can be used on the iPhone? In case you've never used Seeqpod, basically it's a search engine for media, so you can type in a band or song and it'll find that media and allow you to play it for free ... Kinda convenient.

Thanks - Eric

2. english06 macrumors member

Totally not iPhone related... but whatever.

myspace (band sites)
    purevolume.com (pretty good)

3. The Californian thread starter macrumors 68040

The Californian

Eh, with Seeqpod I was able to make a homepage link to their iPhone page on my iPhone on one of my app pages and it was as good as an actual app. Nothing else similar?

4. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

You're right in saying 'totally not iPhone related' because the music players in Myspace require Flash, which Mobile Safari doesn't support. This is just another example why we need somekind of Flash on the iPhone.

5. Pared macrumors 65816

Or another example how people don't read the thread... or do read it and reply with a ridiculous answer to the question posed.

Tends to happen. :D

6. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

7. SkippyThorson macrumors 65816

SkippyThorson

I love that site, and unfortunately in my searches I haven't found anything at all along the lines of a search and play music site like that. It certainly has been down for a long time. :(

Poster above me beat me to it. I'll give that site a try. Thanks!