anybody know of good ebay sellers of apple care?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Sossity, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Sossity macrumors 65816

My year warranty will be coming up in June 2011, & I have my allotment of school money for this semester, & am thinking of getting apple care for my 2010 i7 macbook pro.

should I get it?

has anybody bought from good sellers on ebay? & which ones?

2. ghostlyorb macrumors 6502a

ghostlyorb

From what I've read on MR... buying Apple Care on ebay is no good. Just can be a scam sometimes.

3. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

I just picked up a new MBA and was looking on eBay for AppleCare too. I keep seeing the sellers saying that Apple changed the way they sell AppleCare now (something about having a receipt to show it came from an authorized reseller?) and now I'm not so sure it's the best place to buy.

I've bought AppleCare a couple of times before on eBay and had good experiences.

Now I notice that they're selling AppleCare for about $200 on eBay and Apple is selling for $249. Found a local reseller selling it for $179 so I'll probably go that route.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Buy it from Amazon or LA Computers for example. Nowadays, Apple asks for proof of purchase when activating the code and an eBay receipt is not valid.

5. TJRiver macrumors 6502

TJRiver

anybody know of good ebay sellers of apple care?

No.....:D

6. Sossity thread starter macrumors 65816

I see you are in orange county, I am down the road from you in southern California as well, who was the local reseller selling for 179?

7. sparkomatic macrumors 6502a

sparkomatic

LA Computer Company in Anaheim. I was going to head over there tomorrow and check out their store.