gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
So I got my ipad air but I'm not keen on the thinness or less bezel. I thought I would love it but so far I'm unconvinced and I miss my ipad 3.

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
No way, my palms are satisfied after having to take on that sharp bezel from the iPad 3 for long periods of time.

Kissaragi

macrumors 68020
Nov 16, 2006
Don't think theres going to be many people that feel the same way you do about this

FrankB1191

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
Glue a brick to the back of the Air, and you'll feel right at home... :D

Seriously, are you serious? The previous iPad bezels were silly big, and served zero purpose. I'd like to see the top and bottom bezels reduced as well, and another few ounces dropped. The Air will do for now, at least for me.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
Don't think theres going to be many people that feel the same way you do about this

Many people here already feel it seems cheap as it's lighter.

----------

Seriously, are you serious? The previous iPad bezels were silly big, and served zero purpose. I'd like to see the top and bottom bezels reduced as well, and another few ounces dropped. The Air will do for now, at least for me.

On that topic I read it's all glued together and almost unfixable?

jgo78

macrumors 6502
Nov 11, 2008
I love the thinness and lightness, this is what ive been waiting for, even lighter than my ipad 2. 99% of people wanted it thinner and lighter and now we have it and people still complain.

Jades

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2012
It's nice to have something weigh down my shoulder "messenger bag" or whatever you call those things, so that it doesn't keep falling off my shoulder

But when I'm using it it's great

FrankB1191

macrumors 6502a
Jun 14, 2013
Pennsylvania
All of these devices are difficult to repair, but ifixit.com was able to take it apart nicely. Most of us will not be attempting to tear into these, but it's certainly done all the time by professionals. Screen breakage is probably the most common repair, but even that requires removing several components to detach the screen's electrical connections. The average car is nearly impossible to work on compared to my 1965 Mustang, but the new cars are much more reliable. ;)

Did anyone here have a TV in the 60's and 70's? :eek: :D

x-evil-x

macrumors 603
Jul 13, 2008
It's nice to have something weigh down my shoulder "messenger bag" or whatever you call those things, so that it doesn't keep falling off my shoulder

do you seriously feel a .4 of a pound increase in a bag? just add a notebook in there if you want more weight?

bobright

macrumors 601
Jun 29, 2010
I'd like to see the top and bottom bezels reduced as well, and another few ounces dropped. The Air will do for now, at least for me.

I agree with the first part of your post but not about this. I feel like in landscape mode my thumbs and hands while holding it would get in the way of the screen.

osx11

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2011

I'm going to hate Apple if they decrease the 'other' bezel on the next version.

Always these baby steps with Apple....:eek:

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
No way, my palms are satisfied after having to take on that sharp bezel from the iPad 3 for long periods of time.

Agreed, without a case the 4 was uncomfortable to hold for long periods (the weight and sharp corners were awful). The Air has been designed by someone who took note of the discomfit of holding the older models.

With the better shape and reduced weight it's a pleasure to use. Who needs a Mini now with the ergonomics and weight of the Air? ;)

osx11

macrumors 6502a
Jan 16, 2011

First world problem right here....

erawsd

macrumors 6502
Jul 1, 2011
I'm going to hate Apple if they decrease the 'other' bezel on the next version.

Always these baby steps with Apple....:eek:

I don't think they'll be able to get rid of it unless the home button is removed.

caesarp

macrumors 6502a
Sep 30, 2012
So I got my ipad air but I'm not keen on the thinness or less bezel. I thought I would love it but so far I'm unconvinced and I miss my ipad 3.

Ummm no. My 3 was like a brick in comparison. Sold it to gamestop today for $252.

Air is way faster and lighter. Good riddance 3.

asleep

macrumors 68040
Sep 26, 2007
Smaller & lighter is better, but the iPad 3 does have a higher quality feel than the iPair.

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
Smaller & lighter is better, but the iPad 3 does have a higher quality feel than the iPair.

Unless the 3 feels better than the 4 (I skipped the 3), I would dispute that. I have compared my Air to my 4, side by side and the Air looks and feels higher quality.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010
iPad Air feels like the highest quality Apple product I currently own.... including my 13" and 15" rMBPs.

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013

I don't want any bezel. I want the iPad to be all screen, and I want it as thin as a credit card and as light as a feather. In fact, I want it to float. I'll be 50 by the time it comes out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.