Anybody notice the Home Button is rock solid?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bobright, Sep 21, 2012.

1. bobright macrumors 601

mine is extremely hard to push down....but it'll break in over time I'm sure

Had all previous iPhones and none were this solid BTW its a good thing imo

2. Big.Mac.Daddy macrumors 6502a

Just curious, why do you like it over the previous ones if it's harder to press down?

3. AAPLinc macrumors 65816

Home buttons seem to be pretty inconsistent.

People complain that they are too sensitive and soft, some say they are too hard.

My 4S home button still has a pretty distinct click too it, kind of in between soft and hard. Has been that way since unboxing.

4. TreyCox macrumors regular

I'm liking it much better. Feels much more solid.

5. iBreatheApple macrumors 68020

iBreatheApple

I've always heard people complain about the button or worry it was going to give out with Siri/multi-tasking use and I've never thought twice about double or even triple clicking that sucker.

6. HowardSmith macrumors 6502a

My iPhone 5 button seems more crisp or clicky compared to kinda mushy on the 4S. Never had any trouble with any of them.

7. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

I don't mean this negatively and am not trying to be a jerk when I ask this. Did you remove the plastic protective sheet on the front of the phone that came on it? When I left that sheet on, I could barely push the button on the phone. Silly question I know. Just wondering. Don't flame me for asking.

8. Cougarcat macrumors 604

According to iFixit:

9. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

lol

All good, and no I took it off it just all around feels a solid build as the poster noted above got metal backing so that's nice...knew something was different

10. newskin macrumors 6502

I definitely like the fact that it's a more solid home button. Best one so far and for us that haven't gotten applecare, its a welcomed change. I've had so many issues with home buttons over the years and am looking forward to pressing this one, every chance i get.

11. kmichalec macrumors 6502a

I figured as much. but you never know. I know when I had it on for the first half hour, I kept forgetting it was there, and would try to press the button, and it wouldn't budge. Since I don't have a case/screen protector, I didn't want to take it off yet.

But i do agree, the button does feel more solid this time around (even without the factory screen sheet). ;)

12. chrisrosemusic1 macrumors 6502a

chrisrosemusic1

All of the physical buttons are far clickier than before. Silent switch requires more of a push and the volume buttons are better too. Step in the right direction if you ask me.

13. leoneedees macrumors member

I wouldn't necessarily say harder to push as in OP's terms but yes I noticed all the buttons are much more solid and clickey. So far I'm thoroughly enjoying the iPhone with no apparent issues.

14. bzavala macrumors member

The home button on my 4S was very soft and I liked that; on the 5, I have to press harder... I guess I'll get used to it...

15. E Male macrumors member

My home button was broken. Opened the box pressed the button and it was completely unresponsive. Had to return it to the Apple Store for a replacement. :mad:

16. BlueMoonForever macrumors 6502

Wondering if these home buttons wiggly? Go wash your hands and clean your phone and then put your thumb on your home button and see if it wiggles left and right.

17. mantan macrumors 68000

More clicky for sure. Not sure I like it. The old one mushy one you could use on the sly....this one sounds like pushing the dice roller on the board game Trouble.

18. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Its accuracy mostly. On my i4 it was hit or miss. On my iPad 3, perfect. Thankfully it's the same thing on the i5.

19. leoneedees macrumors member

No wiggle here whatsoever in any direction on my white iPhone. It is fit snugly in there.

20. yOyOYoo macrumors 6502a

yOyOYoo

Did you try to turn on the phone first? :p

jk

21. bobright thread starter macrumors 601

I like it really doesn't bother me anyway once my phones jailbroken I'll be using Zephyr ;)