Anybody notice the new TV show organization in iTunes 7.6?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pkoch1, Jan 15, 2008.

1. pkoch1 macrumors 6502a

pkoch1

TV shows are now separated by season in Album View.

If i'm completely stupid and this has been talked about a lot or if it was in other versions, don't get too mad at me. I'm 90% sure it's new. Anyone notice?

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Yep, and it's great.

3. NightStorm macrumors 68000

Hmm, I'm not seeing this... would be nice though.

4. pkoch1 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pkoch1

Yeah, in the Album View, it has different artwork for each new season of the show. It's pretty helpful. I just finished rewatching season 1 of Lost to get ready for season 4, and I wanted to put some of Season 2 on my iPhone and that little improvement somehow made me pretty happy, haha.

5. cuestakid macrumors 68000

i think it is how it should be-it allows for a more logical organization

6. peeaanuut macrumors 65816

I hope the update to the aTV has something along these lines as well.

7. ddarko macrumors 6502

Well, iTunes had trouble recognizing that pilot episodes are part of season 1. I have two shows with pilots and in their info tab, the season of the pilots were blank instead of being listed as season 1. Simply added 1 to the season box, deleted the separate pilot entries, then added the pilots back into itunes and they were added merged in the season 1 list.

8. theorracle macrumors newbie

I've noticed as well. I like how this is now done as though each season is an album. However, one thing I'm not a big fan of is how Front Row now shows them. It seems that when going to TV shows in FR, you now have a listing of each season instead of them being under one show-titled heading, with seasons under that. IOW, Front Row used to look like this under TV Shows:

House
    Lost
    The Office

I have multiple seasons of The Office, and it now looks like this:

House
    Lost
    The Office
    The Office
    The Office

Note that it pulls the show title, but no way to know which season. Of course, logic dictates the order, but it just looks dumb.

On another note, did anyone else happen to notice you can now add artwork to .mov files? I know a there's a few of us out there that use the reference movie trick to get .avi's into iTunes. Before you could only set poster frames from a shot in the video and set that as artwork. Now you can finally add whatever artwork you like. About bloody time...

9. JW008 macrumors 6502

I, for one, do not like this. I liked having the shows in one big laundry list. It's not like I couldn't look at the "Season" tab to see what season the episode was from. I guess I don't really think of TV shows in terms of seasons, but rather as one long continuous story. To me, "seasons" are a network division rather than a creative division.

So needless to say, I dislike the divisions in Front Row even more. Now I have two complaints: the reverse chronological order and the divisions.

Anyone have any idea how to switch it back?

10. billabong macrumors 6502

11. Tazzydnc macrumors member

ya I noticed and I would say yay but itunes runs so freakin slow now... I dunno what they did but coverflow is barely navigable for me now cause the spinning wheel pops up every time I try to scroll.

Anyone else experiencing this?