Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bursthead

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2010
There is a lot of overlap. I pretty much just use either the xperia Z ultra or the ipad mini. So one is usually just sitting in the drawer.

The battery on the xperia isn't as good as the ipad mini. Especially if you have the lte version, I believe there is a case battery that doubles the battery life. Xperia is a lot more fragile.

sixrom

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2013
The ULTRA being narrower is a lot more comfortable to hold, just like my Nexus 7. It's my one big complaint about my retina mini, by choosing to make it the size Apple decided on, it's cumbersome even without a case. The edges of the mini on the front side are sharp and difficult to put up with.

Conversely the nicely rounded soft touch material of the Nexus 7 makes it extremely comfortable to hold one handed. Likewise the Ultra is also ergonomically superior to the mini. Although not retina, the Sony's display is gorgeous. A bit too big to carry as a smartphone, it's no match for my Note 3. Yet it's an enjoyable alternative just for fun.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
I tried the Ultra Z at a store. The camera is very bad. Even in a bright store, the photos taken by this device were not as good as those taken by my Galaxy Note 2. Do using other camera apps make a big different in image quality?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.