Anybody planning to go from a 5/5s to the 6s Plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by saintforlife, Jul 20, 2015.

1. saintforlife macrumors 6502a

I have always bought an iPhone like clockwork every two years starting with the 3G. For the first time last year I skipped buying a new iPhone because of the limited RAM on the 6. This also means I will be getting an 'S' model for the first time ever. I guess I am most excited about the larger screen on the 6s Plus, the improved camera and the performance iimprovements (I hope the 6s Plus does not suffer from the animation stuttering and occasional lag people have complained about on the Plus model).

Anybody else like me going from a 5/5s to the 6s Plus this year?

2. TWD98j macrumors regular

Yep. A 6S Plus has been in my sights as being my next phone. Much like yourself, I've upgraded every 2 years, but I've been on the S cycle since the 3GS in 2009 and currently on a 5S that I got back on launch day 2013.

Last year, however, it was VERY tempting to do an off cycle upgrade to a 6 Plus. I messed around with one at the AT&T store and fell in love with the screen. I could've gotten a $300 trade in for my 5S (or even $200 for my older 4S!!) and paid $299 out of pocket for the 64GB model on a new contract.

But I decided not to do that. From a performance standpoint, the 5S is arguably more efficient, and I figured I wouldn't be missing too much (VoLTE and Apple Pay about it) performance wise as long as I had my 5S on iOS 8. And I'm glad that I didn't succumb to temptation last year, because it's looking like the 6S Plus is going to be a beast.