Anybody thinking of selling their Galaxy S4 for the Note 3?

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by The Game 161, Aug 7, 2013.

?

Anybody thinking of selling their Galaxy S4 for the Note 3?

1. Yes I will

5 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. No, I love my S4

14 vote(s)
    51.9%
  3. Want to see the specs first and how it looks

8 vote(s)
    29.6%
  1. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

those who have the S4 anybody tempted to buy the Galaxy note 3 when it comes out? if it is a 5.7 inch screen...or are you completely happy and love your S4 that much?

2. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

No, but I'd be willing to look at other handsets to move from the S4...

I would vote no; but I'm not that enamoured to choose the reason as 'love'... More case that the Note 3 is just too big for me.

3. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

Me too but I voted "No, I love my S4" anyway :p

4. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

I don't have an S4 so I didn't vote but I do have a Note II and I will be upgrading.

5. ChrisTX macrumors 68030

ChrisTX

I had an S4 but returned it. Long story short, I'll be upgrading to the Note 3.

6. jimbo1mcm macrumors 68000

Got an S4 and love it, but I will be taking a hard look at the Note 3.

7. Fireblade macrumors 65816

Fireblade

I don't think so, because I am VERY happy with my S4, but let me take a look at it first.

8. Technarchy macrumors 603

Technarchy

Not planning on it.

Not a big fan of phablets.

9. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

10. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ no. My viewpoint has shifted and now I too would consider do it, whereas few weeks ago I'd say no it would be too big for me.

Given the 5S just is not wooing me, I am genuinely tempted just to get it as my upgrade this year and see if I like it and can adjust to the larger device. If I can I'll keep it and sell my S4. If I don't I'll sell it and perhaps go for a Nexus.

I want to see specs of Nexus 5 before I decide what I'll do though. I really do like stock android now over Touchwiz anyway. That would be the only concern for me, but I'm guessing if I used Nova on top of Touchwiz the S-Pen apps will still work.

11. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

No. Having come from the original note I'm enjoying the more manageable S4.

12. King Shady macrumors 6502

King Shady

Nah, happy owner of an S4 here. However, that may change when the Nexus 5 comes (if it has LTE)

13. narutoninjakid macrumors 6502

No the note variant that comes out after the Galaxy s is usually better and everyone loves an spen :p

14. daveathall macrumors 68000

daveathall

For my use I prefer the size of the S4, I do think that the Note 3 will be a stunning device though.

15. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Yeah know what you mean. It must seem crazy as i only just got the S4 which I love but having a screen that big which will come with 32GB space is pretty huge. Do love the S pen on my note 8.0 so would be great for a phone..just depends wether it will be annoying having a phone that big in the hand and in the pocket all the time.

dunno if having the note 3 and the note 8.0 is needed as they do similar things.

16. Kiezpirat80 macrumors 6502

Kiezpirat80

If you already own a Phablet only a 10 inch Tablet makes sense for me.

The difference to a 7-8 inch Tablet is just to small.

17. narutoninjakid macrumors 6502

This sis true tou won't really notice a difference with such small differences in screen size

18. maxosx macrumors 68020

Absolutely not. I am completely happy with my Galaxy 4S it's the best of the top of the line Androids I've had yet. In fact it's so good I enjoy it more & more everyday.

That said I will definetly be buying a note 3 to replace my Note 2. I really like the size, the S pen, and that it will have Android 4.2.2 the best rev yet. Although I have Android ver 4.3 on my Nexus 7.2, the extra features of 4.3 are not something I need.

My plan is to use the Note 3 for work during the week, reserving the S4 as my evening & weekend phone. It's amazing how Samsung gave it a 5" screen while reducing its physical size, while still retaining an attractive side bezel. This is one company that's building lots of excellent choices with a no fear attitude. Reminding me of Apple a decade ago.

At times like this it's becoming painfully obvious how old, slow & conservative Apple has become. No longer a nimble customer centric company, they seem destined for a Microsoft like future. It make take them longer to get there but they're headed that direction.

19. Kashsystems macrumors 6502

Bought the S4, Got a Note 8 because of the Spen. Want a Note 3 to compliment the Note 8.

20. The Game 161 thread starter macrumors G5

The Game 161

Yeah feel the same

Seen a site where I could sell the S4 for £312

21. blitzer09x87 macrumors 6502

no, i'm completely happy with this phone, though, i would like to have two device (the S4 and the N3):D

22. Shanghaichica macrumors 603

Shanghaichica

I found my original note too small to be a tablet, but at the same time it negated the nexus 7 as there wasn't much of a difference particulary because of the aspect ratios on both devices. I think the mega is probably the right size to replace a 7/8 inch tablet .

23. narutoninjakid macrumors 6502

I would trade up the S4 if i had one. I Will be sticking with the Note family for a while. If apple created a bigger iPhone i would eventually try it out. Ive never had an iPhone so i get curious of the experience.

24. rhinosrcool macrumors 65816

rhinosrcool

I disagree. Currently, I have the original Note and a Note 8. The Note 8 is considerably larger. Also, even though the 8 is a lot bigger, it still is easy to hold in one hand which is nice for using the s pen.

When the Note 3 is released, I will upgrade. The 3 and 8 will go together, well.:p

25. Dontazemebro macrumors 68020

Dontazemebro

I won't be selling my S4 but I think what I'll do is us give my S4 to my daughter since she desperately wants to be rid of her iPhone 4 and pick up the N3 for myself. That way I can justify it to the wife by upgrading our daughter at the same time.

Of course this all hinges on the 1080p, 3GB ram, and snapdragon 800/exynos 5 rumors.