Anybody Tried The Otterbox Defender?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Bulldog3777, Nov 11, 2011.

1. Bulldog3777 macrumors 6502

I hate to order something I have not seen in person. Any views on the Defender?

2. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

Coworkers love theirs. One, always throws his phone across the room to prove how great it is.

3. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

IMO it's the only true protective case worth having. I love mine.

4. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

One of the best cases I ever had. I don't used it all the time cause of added bulk, but when I do it's great to have that type of protection.

When I'm not using Otterbox Defender, I have on a one piece Speck case.

5. RipsMctits macrumors regular

I love mine. My one issue is that the camera slots are no longer protected on the 4S version, but Otterbox said it degraded the image/video quality.

6. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

If you need the protection this is definitely the case to get.

7. Almy macrumors 6502

I'm a machinist and need the best protection I can get. I'm very happy with the defender. I don't use the belt clip and don't mind the bulk in my pocket. My only issue is I wish they had screens to cover the mic and speaker areas. I tend to get debris build up there.

8. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Although I'm with AT&T I use Verizon screen protectors with my Defender because they're the only protectors that can fit with the Defender. Protects the camera with larger camera slots and front speaker/proximity sensor area.

9. hypervish89 macrumors regular

I used to use it daily, but I don't use it anymore since I don't feel that I need all of that protection. The case adds a lot of bulk, but it really makes the phone much more resistant to drops.