Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Anybody use KeepAwake?

theman510

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 13, 2009
New Jersey
I have been having an issue where my iPhone 4S will consume large amounts of data in the middle of the night while I'm sleeping at home. When researching this problem I learned that when the iPhone is locked/sleeping that the wifi turns off to preserve battery life. I was thinking if I could keep my wifi on when my phone is locked then this would eliminate this problem since nothing else I've tried seems to work.

So I stumbled upon an app KeepAwake and didn't see anything on it in this form since 2010 so I figured I'd start a new thread to see if anybody is using it and if it's working as expected for them? If you're using it, how has your battery life been affected if at all?

Thanks

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
I have been having an issue where my iPhone 4S will consume large amounts of data in the middle of the night while I'm sleeping at home. When researching this problem I learned that when the iPhone is locked/sleeping that the wifi turns off to preserve battery life. I was thinking if I could keep my wifi on when my phone is locked then this would eliminate this problem since nothing else I've tried seems to work.

So I stumbled upon an app KeepAwake and didn't see anything on it in this form since 2010 so I figured I'd start a new thread to see if anybody is using it and if it's working as expected for them? If you're using it, how has your battery life been affected if at all?

Thanks

Insomnia is what I use

Comment

eclipse01

macrumors 68030
May 16, 2011
Eau Claire, WI
Do you notice any severe battery loss because of it? I've read the only difference really is that KeepAwake has a SBSettings toggle which is nice

I toggle it on as I need it, so I really wouldn't know...it will draw more power, how much though i'm not sure.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.