iPhone Anybody using his iPhone for music with Audi MMI ? I have a Bluetooth trouble...

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by Squillace, Apr 25, 2018.

1. Squillace macrumors member

Squillace

Hi,

I own an Audi car with the latest MMI multimedia system available to date and I use Bluetooth to listen music from my iPhone X (Apple Music). Before that I was using an iPhone 7 Plus.

The thing is... before iOS 11 I was able to scroll through the queue, in the now playing view, to choose and play another song. Now I can't. The only song available in that list is the current one playing. However, I still can press next/previous buttons to switch music. I just don't have access to the list of songs.

Is this happening with anybody else? I'm pretty sure this started to happen after the upgrade to iOS 11 but I'm not 100% sure.

A few notes:
    - if I connect the iPhone with the USB cable and play music through it, the list of songs is available without issues. That's why I suspect Bluetooth to be the cause...
    - The MMI system has not been updated since I got the car (and there's no update available, in fact) so there's nothing different here.
    - I already tried to unpair the iPhone and pair it again, nothing changes.

Thanks for your help

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ios11-not-working-with-audi-mmi.2069983/

3. Squillace thread starter macrumors member

Squillace

Thank you but unfortunately there is no answer in that thread for this specific problem. One guy had the same issue but no solution...

4. B.Morgan macrumors newbie

B.Morgan

I have the same problem with a Audi A3 2017 since the update. I'll try to call apple

5. Squillace thread starter macrumors member

Squillace

Thanks!

So I'm not the only one but there's no known solution. Let's hope Apple fixes it in further iOS versions...

6. B.Morgan macrumors newbie

B.Morgan

So.. any Update ? from Apple or Audi !?

7. mjrkjm1 macrumors newbie

I am also having this issue. Multiple Audi vehicles (both 2018). The issue is only over bluetooth, not USB. I'd prefer not to have to plug my phone in. Worked fine with my previous vehicles.

8. brsedu macrumors newbie

brsedu

I have the same exact problem in my 2017 A4 w/MMI, after updating to the most recent iOS on my iPhone 7, I cannot access the music menus.

However, a solution that I found works much of the time is:

While playing the current song via bluetooth press the "menu" button on the MMI. Scroll through media options until you get to bluetooth, and it should show name of device and music file structure. From there you can browse like normal.

Not an ideal solution. I find asking Siri to play a specific album or song is less tedious.

9. psac macrumors 6502a

psac

I have an older 2013 A6, and with that the MMI could never access the music folders with bluetooth, only the forward and next buttons have ever worked. I also find Siri to be the best option when I want to change what I'm listening to.

10. chopdog macrumors member