Anybody wanna help me fix this problem with my macbook pro's airport pleeeease?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by watermelon, Dec 12, 2008.

1. watermelon macrumors regular

So here's the deal.
    I have a macbook pro and a mac pro, and I have two routers in my house- a belkin N1 and an airport extreme.

Both the macbook pro and the Mac Pro can connect to the internet using the belkin N1.

Both the Macbook pro and the mac pro can connect to the airport extreme network, however, only the mac pro can get onto the internet with it.

I've tried making a new account on the macbook pro, but it still won't go online.

Digging deeper into the situation, I notice these differences in the network preferences.

Macbook pro:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mac Pro:

Attached Files:

2. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

If you have a modem, unplug the power cord from the outlet and then plug it back in. It'll take a minute or two for it to restart and the modem should assign an IP address to your router and your router should assign an IP address to your computers. If you did that already, try doing it again and see what happens or even restart your laptop to see if it's receiving an IP address from the router.

3. MBPDiva macrumors regular

OP, you should do a search on these forums for Macbook Pro and Belkin router incompatibilities. It's a known issue.

4. watermelon thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks for your input, but it turns out resetting the modem and routers a million times fixed it.

5. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

restarting the modem in this case wouldn't really help. Computers get their IPs from the router, not the modem.

to the OP, are you familiar with Airport Utility? I'm sure you could have just looked in there.