Anybody who has gotten delivery already, did UPS come at your normal time?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fjrabon, Oct 14, 2011.

?

Was your iPhone 4S delivered at your 'normal' UPS delivery time?

Poll closed Oct 15, 2011.
  1. Same as normal

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. Significantly earlier

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  3. Significantly later

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  4. don't know what my normal UPS delivery time is

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. fjrabon macrumors regular

Around here UPS is usually more or less like clockwork rarely varying more than an hour when the truck drives by. However, I was thinking they might deploy extra trucks today similarly to how they do around Christmas (though obviously not to that scale), which would obviously cause a deviation from the normal driver's schedule.

I know very few people have gotten delivery already, but if/when you did, was it at your normal UPS time?

2. fjrabon thread starter macrumors regular

Seems that some people have been getting them significantly earlier than normal. One guy even said that he was told by the UPS driver that they're special delivery and are being delivered substantially earlier.

3. applegirl81 macrumors member

I got both of mine which was about 2 hours earlier than normal. Siri is awesome!!

4. LoganT macrumors 68020

I can definitely see that. Last year I got the iPhone 4 at 8:30 AM from Fedex and this year I got it at 9:11 AM from UPS. The usual time is around Noon-4 PM.

5. fjrabon thread starter macrumors regular

yeah, this is going to double kill my productivity today. I was basically resigned to it coming at my normal 5PM UPS time, getting a lot of work done, and then chilling out and waiting with a scotch and a cigar on the front porch starting around 4:30. Now every vehicle that's larger than a smart car that drives by makes my ears perk up. Not only that, but productivity will hit a complete standstill once it actually arrives.