Anybody wishes they can revert back to Lion?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Irock619, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Irock619 macrumors 68000

Irock619

So far I think ML is awesome. Does anybody wish they didn't upgrade?

2. davmcn macrumors regular

I might downgrade. My computer feels sluggy & I did a fresh install also.

3. Xcallibur macrumors 6502a

Xcallibur

Does Safari not feel snappier?

4. Voodoofreak macrumors regular

Interesting!! Reading up on other posts...it seems like ML was actually good for 2011 MPBs. I was looking forward to upgrading mine.

5. gentlefury macrumors 68030

I love it! So happy with the update!

6. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

I personally like Messages, it makes it way more convenient.

7. mac jones macrumors 68040

The messages are way cool. Safari is wonky. Mail is....I'm not sure.

I've yet to see any other changes

8. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

I haven't noticed any changes in mail.

9. AntnyMikal macrumors regular

I did the update on my wife's MBP and it was sluggish for the first few minutes and then all of a sudden everything just got quick. Safari and Chrome both feel snappier than before and just about everything else in general runs a bit smoother.
    Doing my 2011 MM right now.

10. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

Feels rock solid and fast. No way would I go back.

11. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Probably spotlight was indexing.

12. Snesley Wipes macrumors regular

Your eyes are tricking you into thinking it's snappier because the blue rocket load progress bar....

13. mac jones macrumors 68040

I don't like that bar. It makes me dizzy, and I always watch it (maybe that's why). There's a moment of hesitation that's annoying, especially when it just stops. Of course it's one of those things that I would probably miss, as i'm basically a masochist :eek:

14. ACiB708 macrumors regular

It really feels much faster in my opinion, specially safari and the GUI animations in the rMBP.
    The notification centre is a great addition, and even more so if you take into account Twitter and (coming soon) FB integration. Although I haven't used it yet I feel that iCloud Safari tab syncing will be a nice feature, and the eagles eye view of your open tabs in Safari was really long due, but now it's here and works well.
    Overall I feel this is an amazing OS, specially if you own a newer model. Power Nap also seems like great addition.

15. Fortimir macrumors 6502a

Fortimir

Oh you mean like the one that Chrome already has? :D

16. zombiemom macrumors member

I feel like I could have waited. Upgrading was fast and easy, but I kind of feel like I wasted my 20 bucks. Yeah, there are notifications, but none of my important apps use it. Messages? Mine aren't syncing at all. So now I miss messages on my phone because they are going to my macbook. Nothing feels different really.

17. 618537 Guest

Apart from the fact you should be seeing / using a much more stable OS which is a lot faster.

----------

Odd. All 2011 feedback I've read also has been positive.

Mine was fine both on upgrade and clean install.

Maybe redo it? or consider a genius bar appointment?

18. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Make sure you set your phone to receive iMessages at the e-mail, rather than phone number.

Also:
    http://www.apple.com/osx/whats-new/features.html

19. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

20. Irock619 thread starter macrumors 68000

Irock619

I haven't been able to get iCloud notes or tabs to work for me. Right now I am on my phone typing this message. If I go to my Mac shouldn't this screen show up under tabs? Also I have tons of notes on my phone. Shouldn't notes sync to my Mac? I am signed in iCloud because all my other apps such as calendar, messages, reminders, photos, and everything else works fine.

21. ACiB708 macrumors regular

If everything else is working alright then it must be that you haven't checked the sync Safari bookmarks checkbox.

22. brentmore macrumors 6502

brentmore

Notifications turned out to be a lot better than I expected. Very pleased with the small improvements.

23. wethackrey macrumors 6502

I've upgraded two machines to ML: a new rMBP and a 2011 Mac Mini used as my media computer. I've not seen anything I'd call sluggish except for the first hour or so on the MacMini where it seemed like Spotlight was re-indexing for some reason. That didn't happen on the rMBP. Other than that, both machines are very fast under ML.

I've now added OS X Server to the Mac Mini, which is interesting. I used to administer a bunch of XServe servers running what was then OS X Server, the separate OS. This would have been in the Jaguar through Tiger era. This is a whole different kind of offering. Clearly Apple has decided to leave the enterprise server market. This new "Server" application is squarely aimed at home and small business users it seems. I've not got all of it actually working yet. Of course the Server app is $20 while the "real" server OS was either $500 or $1000 depending on licensing. If one adjusts one's expectations to match the price, it's a good deal.

Even with Server running though, Mountain Lion seems plenty fast. I've not found any reason to switch back to Lion.

24. Aksta macrumors regular

I've been having soo much trouble with safari since updating. Constantly crashing and freezing the computer. Opening a new window has caused a crash and don't get me started on dragging a tab to create a new window. I'm using chrome for now but hopefully this will be fixed soon.

25. davmcn macrumors regular

Safari is a lot snappier, but I mostly use Firefox or Chrome.