Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gadget123

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 17, 2011
United Kingdom
If Apple say stick to a October launch for Ipad anybody worried they may have to push the Iphone 5S back forward to give some time between launches?

Bahroo

macrumors 68000
Jul 21, 2012
If Apple say stick to a October launch for Ipad anybody worried they may have to push the Iphone 5S back forward to give some time between launches?

No there going with a yearly cycle, everything will start to be launched/reupdated every October

irDigital0l

Dec 7, 2010
Don't be worried to much because the iPhone 6 comes after the iPhone 5S.

LOL people are taking this way to seriously...

iPhone1

macrumors 65816
Apr 2, 2010
With the new 4th gen iPad just announced it would seem more likely that the iPhone be updated more regularly, maybe every 6 months. Am I worried? No. Is it likely? Who knows. Competition is so far behind they have no reason to worry about refresh cycles right now.

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
With the new 4th gen iPad just announced it would seem more likely that the iPhone be updated more regularly, maybe every 6 months.

I doubt it. If so they would have called it "the new iPhone."

The fact that they're still numbering iPhones leads me to believe that they won't be doing quick 'soft' updates with it like they are with the numberless "new iPad" (whose name does not need to change even when it does).

bwhli

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2012
Boston, MA
Ugh. Yeah! I'm so worried. I just got my iPhone 5 a few weeks ago. Having the 5S in June would be torture!

CosmoPilot

macrumors 68000
Nov 8, 2010
South Carolina
Wirelessly posted

Everyone should know Apple had to update the iPad due to the lightning connector. The iPhone & iPod line up converted, leaving the iPad as the only remaining iDevice still using the "outdated" 30-pin.

This connector is a major shift for Apple and to rip the band-aid off so to speak, they had to do this. Now the entire Apple iOS family has a standard connector.

Obviously, updating just the connector would be embarrassing, so they also threw in the latest chip specs too.

Do not expect these mid-year cycle updates to become common place.

I for one am glad to see Apple jump head first into making the lightning connector conversion a rapid reality. I'm not a big fan of having multiple charging cables laying around for different devices.

tl01

macrumors 68020
Jun 20, 2010
Nope... I rather hope it is... I'm going to have to skip the next upgrade so the sooner it is out the better.

Fanboi4life

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2012
Nope, I'll wait for the 6 in a couple years and use my upgrade. I can't possibly imagine any new technology that will force me to get the S.

Jman13

macrumors 68000
Aug 7, 2011
Columbus, OH
I expect it. Why any 5 owner (including myself) would care, though, is beyond me.

Of course, I get to upgrade every year since my wife and I have staggered upgrades, but even if they announced a 5S in March, it really wouldn't bother me. I'd just probably wait for the 6 at that point.

HowardSmith

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
Worry? That would be great news!

I hope it is wider!

----------

Wirelessly posted

Everyone should know Apple had to update the iPad due to the lightning connector. The iPhone & iPod line up converted, leaving the iPad as the only remaining iDevice still using the "outdated" 30-pin.

This connector is a major shift for Apple and to rip the band-aid off so to speak, they had to do this. Now the entire Apple iOS family has a standard connector.

Obviously, updating just the connector would be embarrassing, so they also threw in the latest chip specs too.

Do not expect these mid-year cycle updates to become common place.

I for one am glad to see Apple jump head first into making the lightning connector conversion a rapid reality. I'm not a big fan of having multiple charging cables laying around for different devices.

I think you are guessing just like everyone else. Steve is gone now and Apple CAN change their sales strategy and it looks like they have.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.