Anyone’s text replacements missing?

Discussion in 'iOS 11' started by GrumpyTrucker, Sep 21, 2017.

1. GrumpyTrucker macrumors 6502a

I know this crops up from time to time but don’t recall seeing it this time. Are anyone else’s keyboard text replacements missing after iOS 11? This is only on the phone and it’s ALL my text replacements - custom and all the built in ones like (c) etc - except the last two that I created, maybe 3 or 4 months ago. I’ve tried signing out of iCloud a couple of times but no difference. Firstly, any other tips? Secondly, just interested if it’s affected anyone else this time too? I’ve never been affected before, so was caught out this time.

2. BenTrovato macrumors 68030

BenTrovato

Same thing happened to me after the iOS 11 upgrade

3. GrumpyTrucker thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well at least that’s two of us. Have yours come back yet? Mine are still MIA even though the iPad on iOS 11 still has them all. Only difference is iPad is official iOS 11 and the phone is the GM.

Hmmmm, turns out this has happened to me before but only on an early beta. I’d forgotten all about it. They came back later. Not this time so far.

4. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I've had this happen with the 10.2 and 10.3 upgrades, but they survived in 11. They also successfully copied across to my iPhone 8.

5. BenTrovato macrumors 68030

BenTrovato

Mine haven't returned. It's happened to me once before and it didn't return so I just went ahead and started adding them again.