Anyone agree that the new ElementCase Comp is fugly compared to the Vapor Pro?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by stcizzle, Dec 6, 2011.

1. stcizzle, Dec 6, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011

stcizzle macrumors regular

Don't get me wrong, I like that the Comp is slimmer and some of the details are really nice, but overall, the two bulging corners on the left and the cheap feeling and looking polycarbonate piece which scratches the volume buttons just are increasingly reversing my feelings that the Comp is better than the Pro. I have both cases and I seem to get the same service and GPS. Not sure if that polycarbonate piece actually helps reception or not. Also the shorter fatter screws which stick out arent appealing to me. The Pro, though having the bulge in the bottom left that many don't like, still seems to me like a far superior case; more hidden screws, smoother, flatter appearance, more lay on the table protection, open volume buttons, I dunno. Regretting buying the Comp now, lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

What do you all think when comparing these two cases?

2. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

My opinion is that most of these aluminum cases look fugly and 99 out of a 100 will have problems with reception or cause some sort of cellular problem ;)

But to answer your question, I dig the vapor pro much more..the real deal black ops is pretty sweet IMO too

3. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

Agreed, the Vapor Pro looks better than the Comp.

Not to mention the Pro even feels better than the Comp imo :)

4. iz2sick macrumors 6502

iz2sick

To be fair, the comp design was needed for regular iPhone 4 users. I love the look of the big screws on the vapor 4 and comp. I prefer the shape of the comp, but the volume tabs look ugly. Also, the comps with a clear piece don't look good.

5. j**, Dec 7, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2011

j** macrumors newbie

Interested in the Comps you have shown. Are these the knock offs or real deal?

6. asleep macrumors 68040

asleep

7. stcizzle thread starter macrumors regular

I'm probably not interested in selling them at this point. They are legit straight from elementcase. I don't like buying knockoffs even if they are good ones, but I'll probably hang on to them until the iphone 5 comes out. I'm using the Vapor Pro White, but I'm skeptical about how long the clear coat will last and then after it's gone how fast the white paint will chip off....if that happens I would have the anodized Comps as back-ups. Cuz who knows when they will ever release the iphone 5 and even when it's announced, who knows if they'll stick to the date. Sorry... I have like 5 of these things though; White Edition Vapor Pro, Vapor Comp Patriot Edition, Silver Vapor Comp, and i bought a pink Vapor Pro Chroma for my wife and a pink Vapor Comp as well... haha so much money... ugh

8. PerplexShyt macrumors 6502

honestly, i think the vapor pro looks better. but the comp is still a good looking case too.

I like the clear polycarbonate piece because i use lucky labs decal and it adds a nice touch of color underneath

9. dakota316 macrumors member

same

I am the same way, I dont think the vapor comp is a bad design and look at all, but still dont think you can get any better than the vapor pro.

10. fatalle macrumors newbie

11. stcizzle thread starter macrumors regular

Are you referring to the anodized versions or the White Edition Vapor Pro??? Cuz my wife's is an anodized pink Vapor Pro and it feels awesome, while my White Edition feels so darn slippery!? still like the feel of it but it doesn't give it much grip to put on my lap for a second in the car or even on the leather seat for that matter, but with the anodized models, you get a little grip at least...

12. vtclan macrumors regular

The black/red stealth comp on the white iphone ;)

13. Quazimojo macrumors regular

Quazimojo

Yeah i thought the Element looked rather tame compared to the Vapor pro in terms of design.

14. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

Ah, didn't actually clarify, my bad :eek:

I prefer the bead blasted anodized... the matte finished versions. Basically the Chroma line. I'm not a fan on anything pure glossy as everything loses it's gloss over long periods of time.. least in my experience. The Spectra line works too, bits just not my preferred cup of tea so to speak. :\

Now for the White Vapor Pro and the [some of] new R8 line, I don't mean to be rude, but I wouldn't touch those. You're essentially depending on a few clear-coats to last a while... the slippery effect will be there with ease, at which point I'd honestly say the COMP has a one up there... :(

15. pdxa4 macrumors 6502

I agree...