Anyone aspire to get a degree from a top school and work as a senior exec at apple?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by wnxgenral, Apr 25, 2012.

1. wnxgenral macrumors 6502

I am currently graduating from a top school as an undergraduate. I am going to work for a few years but it's always been a dream to get an MBA from a top 5 school. Apples newest hire graduated from Wharton school of business and it seems to be a trend with their senior execs... Does anyone else have the same ambitions?

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

I can say with absolute confidence that you are the only one to have such aspirations.

3. macbook pro i5 macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

Incorrect,I do.

4. Grey Beard macrumors 65816

Grey Beard

Yeah, but you're 15 and have a lot of aspiring to to yet.

KGB:rolleyes:

5. macbook pro i5 macrumors 65816

macbook pro i5

Age doesn't matter;)

6. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

*woosh*

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

I wouldn't want to be an executive at a company that off shores so much of.their work. Especially with the conditions.

8. whooleytoo macrumors 603

whooleytoo

Correct. I want to be a senior Apple exec, but couldn't be bothered doing the study beforehand. 4+ years study? Pfffffh...hardly worth it for just 60 million or so in stock....

;)

9. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You will be hard pressed to find a major corporation that does not employ some form of outsourcing. I'm not making excuses for apple, but rather painting a rather sad picture that many (most?) fortune 500 companies outsource some facet of their business.

I can see working for a company that you believe in and want to succeed. Whether that's at apple which makes insanely great products or a hospital that is working to cure cancer (where I work). Having an emotional investment in the goal of the company certainly helps :)

10. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

I would argue that it's not from where Browett graduated B-school, but his body of work post B-school that got him the Apple job.