Anyone bought an iPhone 4S direct from Apple recently (pref from the UK!!)

StinkyDonk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 2, 2012
My sister bought from the o2 store, which costs more than direct from Apple.

She got iOS 5.1.1 on hers, which is what i want (do NOT want iOS 6!). I just wondered if Apple would ship only the latest iOS, which would mean my best shout would be getting from o2 at extra cost.

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth

She got iOS 5.1.1 on hers, which is what i want (do NOT want iOS 6!). I just wondered if Apple would ship only the latest iOS, which would mean my best shout would be getting from o2 at extra cost.
It depends how long you leave it and how busy the individual store is.

The longer you leave it from the 21st of September and the busier the store, the less chance of getting iOS 5.

Are you a gambler?

Comment

virginblue4

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2012
United Kingdom

My step dad bought one Friday and it came with 5.1.1. This was from an Apple Store in the UK.

Comment

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
When I checked last weekend for a buddy, the only 4S in the Apple store is the 16GB...I think the only way to get a higher capacity model is going to be a carrier based purchase. The 4S wil, almost certainly not ship with IOS6 wherever you get it from though.

Comment

d123

macrumors 68020
Oct 19, 2009
Earth
When I checked last weekend for a buddy, the only 4S in the Apple store is the 16GB...I think the only way to get a higher capacity model is going to be a carrier based purchase. The 4S wil, almost certainly not ship with IOS6 wherever you get it from though.
It will when the next production shipment is sent out, it hasn't been discontinued so new stock must still be in production. (Even the 4 is still in production).

At some stage the stock that arrives will be iOS 6.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.