Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amycishere

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 1, 2007
I was wondering are there usually alot of bugs in the first few shipments? Long story short, I haven't had the best luck with apple. The macbook I bought in the end of Feb. was a DOA. The ipod mini I bought in 2005 I think was plagued with problems even after being shipped out to being fixed.

Now, let it be said I received a beautiful macbook in March which hasn't given me one problem.

I am hoping I just had a bit of bad luck.

Did anyone order an ipod when it first came out? How did you fair? I am thinking if I fall in love with the new ipod I might buy one straight away. Just would like to hear a few experiences first if you don't mind.

siurpeeman

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2006
the OC
i bought two ipods immediately upon release, the original ipod mini and the second generation ipod shuffle. both worked great, and no ipod has ever given me serious trouble. i might just be lucky, though. :eek:

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
There haven't been many problems with iPods that i can remember. There are always isolated issues that can come about with manufacturing, but the last mass problem/recall type thing was with the 3rd gen batteries. All in all, despite possibly hearing many complaints from people on forums about problems, in the context of how many millions are produced and function well, it is still a very low number that have issues.

I wouldn't worry if I were you :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.