Anyone bought Bohemiam Rhapsody from iTunes for Apple TV 4K yet?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by BODYBUILDERPAUL, Feb 5, 2019.

1. BODYBUILDERPAUL macrumors 65816

I've pre-ordered it from iTunes and would love your thoughts on the iTunes version for quality. SpareChange has just reviewed the 4K BluRay and pulled it to pieces over picture quality. Digitally shot, he finds it 'soft' along with others who found it soft in the theatres! This guy is BRILLIANT at reviewing film quality and sometimes he reviews iTunes copies too :)
    Kinda makes me glad that i'm not paying £30 for a disc that doesn't look particularly great!
    Can't wait to see the movie and everyone that I know who has seen it LOVES IT!

2. 570934 Suspended

To be honest I thought it was a bit rubbish, they twisted the history of the band.

3. BrianBaughn macrumors 603

BrianBaughn

Yeah. It was disappointing. Not so much about facts or anything...it just felt like something made for the Lifetime channel. Cheesy.

4. Shanghaichica macrumors G3

Shanghaichica

I’ve pre-ordered this too. looking forward to seeing this too either way.

5. BODYBUILDERPAUL thread starter macrumors 65816

Owwwwww FIRST bad review ever 570934!
    I'm still excited to see it AND i'm not even a Queen fan BUT growing up in the 1980s, you couldn't escape their music on Radio 1 275 and 285 medium wave at the time :) :) :)
    Oh the days of crackly medium wave and there's people saying that the generation of today don't know quality with their compressed MP4s and streaming :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

6. Shanghaichica, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2019

Shanghaichica macrumors G3

Shanghaichica

Oh I lived through records and cassettes and then CDs and had them all. I appreciate that MP3’s and streaming are lower quality but I’ll take convenience over clutter any day. I’ve been listening to my music on my phone for years despite having a stereo and large CD collection which was gathering dust. I do prefer to purchase my music outright albeit in digital format these days but getting a HomePod and eventually succumbing to Apple Music I’ve been able to get rid of my stereo and entire CD collection (they are all ripped).

Back on topic. I do like queen and have a few of their albums but they were a bit before my time. I was born in the 80’s so I didn’t discover them until much later.

7. 570934 Suspended

Having grown up in the 70's Queen was always a backdrop to my youth (along with many other rock/metal bands), saw them several times at various locations including Wembley in 1986 . Roger Taylor was the reason I started playing drums actually, and 40 years later I still playing.
    I think the more hardened Queen followers are a little disappointed with the films story to be honest.

8. BODYBUILDERPAUL thread starter macrumors 65816

Same here!!! Records, cassettes, CDs, DAT tape, HiFi VHS, MiniDisc and then iTunes in 2002 for me :) Again, my iPhone is my music system and guess what, I've never listened to so much music since having it :) maybe it's more background music but it's always on :) and it's great having Apple CarPlay in the car for all of my playlists :)
    --- Post Merged, Feb 6, 2019 ---
    WOW Incredible Mr Cell!
    I want to break free is my fave Queen track and 'Love Kills' from the summer of '84 :) I remember as a child seeing Live Aid on TV Madonna was at her sexiest and prettiest at Live Aid :) Tears for Fears and The Cars were WOWZER :)

9. Shanghaichica macrumors G3

Shanghaichica

Under pressure is my favourite

10. 570934 Suspended

I remember the morning of Live Aid, I was working Saturday morning until 12:30, I do believe someone else clocked me off so I could sneak out of the back door and get home for Adam Ant lol. But yeah that was an epic weekend was Live Aid. Can remember much about Wembley 86, was a bit 20 sheets to the wind :D The best I ever saw them (soberish) was at Leeds Elland Road in '82 I think.

All time classic bass line. As someone famous said at some point, "If you want people to get up and dance, start a bass riff with three notes"

11. Phoenix1000 macrumors newbie

Phoenix1000

For me, being a child in the 70's Queen was the best rock band ever and Freddie Mercury was and will be the best singer EVER on this planet. Nobody came even close and no one will ever come in future. Soooo sad, he's gone. But he will always stay in my memory. Never will forget his incredible wonderful voice.
    --- Post Merged, Feb 6, 2019 ---
    And for sure, I don't hear Queen music on mp3 or other compressed formats. Only FLAC or WAV with at least 44kHz/16bit (CD quality). But the younger generations don't care about that ...

12. priitv8, Feb 7, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2019

priitv8 macrumors 68040

13. Phoenix1000 macrumors newbie

Phoenix1000

14. JWort93 macrumors member

I find in interesting that that guy gave it such a poor review over video quality, and both blu-ray.com and avsforums.com gave it literally a perfect score for UHD picture presentation, which is pretty rare. I'll be picking it up today, so I'm curious what it looks like.

15. tkukoc macrumors 65816

tkukoc

I'm a huge Queen fan and I could careless they changed the storyline of their history. They had to! If they didn't the movie would have been 8 to 10 hours. Best to watch one of the many documentaries about the band to get that kind of detail. The film itself was so well done! Normally I nit pick so much about films but this is one that having seen what the band had to go through to even have this happen.. it just all worked out so well. Again people can rip on the history of the band and how they changed things, but the average viewer doesn't know those specific points anyway. Freddie is.. was and forever will be a hero to many people. His music.. Queen's music, lives on and this film really did a great job in showing that we all need heroes, some wear capes.. some wear crowns.. some are Queen's! Loved how they recreated Live Aid!