Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GadgetGeek407

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 26, 2009
florida
Look, I can understand the frustration from the price increase to the lack of newest processor, better ram, faster hard drives with more storage space, lack of ports, I get it all. But surely there has to be someone who has bought this and loves it?

I am annoyed too and wish they had better camera too among all the other things....

eroslws

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2011
Look, I can understand the frustration from the price increase to the lack of newest processor, better ram, faster hard drives with more storage space, lack of ports, I get it all. But surely there has to be someone who has bought this and loves it?

I am annoyed too and wish they had better camera too among all the other things....
I love mine. I haven't received it but I am upgrading my 13" 2012 cMBP to a high end 15" 2016 with Radeon 460. I imagine there is nothing I will be dissatisfied with on my new laptop.

AdonisSMU

macrumors 604
Oct 23, 2010

There isn't a newest processor to be had in both 15" and 13" configurations. People heard Kabylake was released and just assumed it was in a configuration that could be used on a quad core machine. The fact is that Intel is unsure of when a high powered Kabylake processor will make it to market. Ram simply isn't available at 32GB for portable laptops. Apple has the fastest SSDs available for the other internals Apple is forced to use. People don't know what they are talking about. People who haven't built anything in their life are trying to convince others that the laws of physics don't apply.

Smoovejayy

macrumors 6502
Jan 20, 2012
It seems like I will love mine as well. I get a lot about what people are saying regarding legacy ports, more RAM, etc, etc... but to me, that laptop is one fine looking piece of engineering. I saw it in the Apple Store today and fell in love haha. For my needs, it will be perfect. I do not mind carrying one dongle which will have four USB-B ports until I buy USB-C cables. It is the perfect replacement for my MBA. The config I bought is really all I asked for, so I am not disappointed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.