Anyone buy the WIFI to try then sell later to buy 3G?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Airforcekid, Apr 3, 2010.

1. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

Airforcekid

I was considering doing this however im moving toward the Verizon mobile wifi. Plus it will sell for a decent amount of money on ebay. Just curious..

2. cecoleman macrumors regular

Funny you ask this... I was contemplating doing this as well. I thought of getting it and just seeing if the 3g was necessary after just using the wifi version a while. If I thought I needed it, then sell it for $30 under retail to someone else and buy 3G. Not a bad investment for $30 get to use one in advance. :)

3. aerospace macrumors 6502a

Buy at the apple store, you can return for free within 14 days. Best buy will charge you a restocking fee of 15%.

4. FWW macrumors regular

FWW

I may be doing this... depends on how much disposable cash I have when they finally release the 3G... I got the WiFi one, and the more I use it the more I wish I could use it in the office, where we have no WiFi...

5. loteq macrumors newbie

loteq

ya thats my plan, unless my wife decides she wants to keep it for herself... Im in Canada so will have a few weeks where people may even pay a premium for it, although ill be happy to just get my money back out of it.. I bought the wifi assuming that Id be able to figure out a way to tether to the iphone, and it looks like theres a wolid option with the "MyWi" app if you jailbreak so I may just do that instead of going 3g. I have a 6gb data pack here with Rogers which means ive got lots of data to use each month... so I think ill try that first... If im happy with it then ill stick with it.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Nope. I can use my N900 to share the 3G internet on it. Oh did I mention T-Mobile actually endorses tethering.

7. Xarthan macrumors regular

Xarthan

naw, i bought a wifi for home use, and got my work to get me a 3g for travel :D