Anyone buying Trump's and GOP's bipartisan statements?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by LIVEFRMNYC, Nov 9, 2016.

1. LIVEFRMNYC macrumors 603

Or do you think this will be one of the most aggressive and partisan administrations in history?

2. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I can see it going either way, Trump used to be a Democrat and may have just been playing to trick the GOP, and at this point if he goes back the GOP will have to at least mostly follow along to save face and avoid losing primaries next election.

Or Trump might actually try to lock Clinton up and be totally lieing with his bipartisan statements. One way or another he was either lieing on the campaign trail or is lieing now.

3. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

Yup, that's why I'm asking. Cause nobody knows his true nature yet.

4. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

Or he's lying both times.

I don't think Trump is partisan or bipartisan. He's allegiance is simply to himself. He wants to be President. He's wanted it since the 80s. That stint as a Democrat only occurred after the 2000 election, suggesting it was meant to give him the option to run against Bush in 2004.

5. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

Clinton needs to be held accountable for her actions. that's not a fault of Trump or a breaking of any bipartisan statements. She is NOT above the law.

6. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

What do you need, 2,000 investigations? Why can't you respect the FBIs decision?

7. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

because it's not their role to be judge and jury. let there be a grand jury and no undue influence from above and I'm good with what comes from it.

8. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Lots of fibbing choices for us to try to figure out. :rolleyes:
    --- Post Merged, Nov 9, 2016 ---
    It's their job to decide if charges are warranted.

9. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

No, that's the prosecutors job not the job of the FBI. she pawned that back off onto him to let him be the fall guy, but it's her role. There's plenty of evidence for a grand jury. Cases with less go to the grand jury every day. If she's so innocent then she should have nothing to fear. If she was so innocent there wouldn't be 5 immunity deals granted to those involved. If she was so innocent, the emails wouldn't have been destroyed. please....let's stop. In the end, Obama won't be here to protect her and she knows it. He can't pardon her if she's not been charged and found guilty of something. justice will meet with her in due time.

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I expect both sides to have some things to be happy about and some things to be disappointed in.

11. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

And you don't think they conferred?

12. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

And you still wouldn't be satisfied, when they choose not to go forward.

13. pdqgp macrumors 68020

pdqgp

we will very likely find out under a trump administration.

14. steve knight macrumors 68020

steve knight

The devil knows.

15. noisycats macrumors 6502a

noisycats

I didn't believe him running, I don't believe him now.

However, if he is able to start the wheels turning, and actually get term limits for congress, I'll be impressed. Impressed enough to possibly support him in the future. Providing he doesn't **** everything else up.

But in short, he's an egotistical maniacal con-artist. I'm in the acceptance phase. Prove me wrong Donald.

16. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Unfortunately Trust can't snap his fingers and make it so. I don't see Congress voting to put themselves out of a job, or to give themselves pay cuts, and they will practically be the only ones left in this country who gets a pension, and the best health care choices in the country. Yet it seems what's good for Congress is not good enough for average citizens, is'nt that right Republican Congressmen?

17. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

18. smallcoffee macrumors 6502a

I'm buying it just as much as I buy it when anybody else gets elected.

19. citizenzen macrumors 65816

With control over Congress, there's no reason for Republicans to engage in bipartisanship. They can go after their agenda with impunity, and I wouldn't blame them for taking advantage of that opportunity. I also wouldn't be surprised if some of the more conservative Democrats swung over to vote with them on a number of issues.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2016 ---
    Given a lighter schedule I expect HRC to live for many more years.

20. twietee macrumors 603

twietee

Just came back from the cryo chamber? Because that woman seemed fine to me lately, given the circumstances - that is if you put down those orange tinted glasses.

21. AustinIllini macrumors demi-god

AustinIllini

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I trust to be more level headed on a number of issues than his GOP constituents.

22. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

Time will tell.

23. 5684697 Suspended

Where were you in 2008 when Obama rammed the ACA through without on Republican vote?

His later mistake was to bypass Congress by using executive orders to legislate, including the Iran Nuclear Deal, which should have been a treaty ratified by the Senate. He left it all undoable by executive order by the next President. Hubris told him that it would be Hillary.

His goose is officially cooked.

I love sudden the calls for bipartisanship after you lose.

24. DUCKofD3ATH Suspended

DUCKofD3ATH

I hope it will be partisan. As a former community organizer once advised, the GOP should punch back twice as hard.

Also, while bipartisanship is nice in theory, when push comes to shove, Trump should always remember the words of that former community organizer: "I won".

25. LIVEFRMNYC thread starter macrumors 603

Obama stated that was his agenda from jump. And Republicans stated their mission is for Obama to fail at everything. Obama did try to work with them, but the GOP goal was to refuse anything that came from Obama's desk. They basically force his hand.

Now that the GOP has control of everything, would they completely shut Dems out?

Those calls are being quote by the winners, Trump and GOP. Hence the title of this thread. Gloating is clouding your judgement. ;)
    --- Post Merged, Nov 10, 2016 ---
    Being partisan is what got Obama in office. Careful what you ask for.