Anyone camping out tonight for their iPhone 4 tomorrow at AT&T?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jason520C, Jun 28, 2010.

1. Jason520C macrumors member

I'll be there around 9PM...waiting until 7AM tomorrow morning. Hope to be first! Just wondering if anyone else plans on doing something similar to me for tomorrow.

2. cloudberrybrew macrumors regular

you're wondering if anyone else plans on doing something similar to you? like camping on you? this is getting sexual, save it for facetime [​IMG]

3. Jason520C thread starter macrumors member

>_>

4. bbenson94 macrumors newbie

^^lol

yea i plan on getting to AT&T at around 7pm tonight.

5. wicker21 macrumors member

wicker21

No camping for me. I will be at an AT&T store around 6:30am and see what happens. If I don't get one I can wait a few more weeks.

Good luck to you!

6. Jason520C thread starter macrumors member

7 PM? They don't want you to go camp infront of the store before they close (9PM)

Thanks! I'm gonna need it! I was very disappointed when June 24th was pre-orders only, and they made walk-ins wait :(

7. MikeTheVike macrumors regular

great, I was going to stop by my local AT&T store around 6am tomorrow...if people are talking about camping I might be f'd.

8. the1nonlyku macrumors member

None of you are in Charlotte right?... I was going to go tomorrow morning too but if people over here are camping I might as well just forget about it. lol

9. Jason520C thread starter macrumors member

I'm in Pennsylvania, nothing to worry about :)

10. akal575 macrumors member

I'm already at the AT&T store, I know I'm guaranteed a phone if I just sit here all day!

11. Bob Loblaw macrumors regular

Bob Loblaw

I plan on camping tonight. My buddy and I sat a firm time to meet up there at midnight, but be ready to go earlier if he notices people starting to line up earlier. Hopefully most people will stay at home, as there's a good chance of thunderstorms here starting at 8:00 and going until midnight. Chance of storms afterwards, but not very high.

12. macbookpro45 macrumors 6502

I'm in PA too ;o. I was waiting for weeks for June 24th to come around, then it changed to June 29th. I was going to camp out at 6 p.m. @ the ATT store. However, I decided to go to the Apple store on June 25th and low and behold they had plenty of iPhones with only 20-30 people in line. Got two of them :O

The point of the story? Your local apple store probably has iPhones available. It doesn't hurt to give them a call and check if you haven't already!

13. InvalidBassist macrumors regular

InvalidBassist

No camping...

I originally planned on getting there at 5 AM, but now I think I'm just going to wake up a 5 and get there around 5:30/6. I really need a new phone, though.

14. joeybuckets macrumors regular

joeybuckets

7pm? Wow!! i plan on getting there at like 5am... i want to exchange my 16gb for a 32gb. Its been in the 90s in Brooklyn , hot hazy and humid... i'm not camping out. lol

15. InvalidBassist macrumors regular

InvalidBassist

Sounds like the weather here in VA.

16. joeybuckets macrumors regular

joeybuckets

The humidity is the killer... disgusting.:eek:

17. Bob Loblaw macrumors regular

Bob Loblaw

Yeah, that's another reason I'm waiting till well past the sun goes down. I'm in VA and it's currently 95 and gotta love VA humidity. Keeping my ass inside as long as possible.

18. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

I will be camping out at AT&T because I dont have an apple store and obviously I didnt have a preorder lol. I'll drive by around 10PM and about every hour to see what the line is like. I live in bakersfield, CA and the crime rate is really crazy here and AT&T is not in the best part of town so I would like to camp out as least as possible.

19. ratbatblue macrumors 6502

Good luck. I called the one of our two local corporate stores likely to have a shorter line and asked if they would have enough supply for more than 10-15 walk-ins, and was told quite curtly, "I don't know." When pressed, the woman said she had no way of knowing how many she would get and didn't want to misinform me. That was an okay answer, but not encouraging, since I suspect there are many AT&T stores (and Best Buys and Radio Shacks) out there that haven't yet gotten sufficient supply to fulfill pre-orders.

That's only a semi-educated guess, but enough to keep me away from any long waits in line at AT&T, and definitely enough to keep me in my bed tonight. I'd like to see a thread tomorrow sometime on how many folks did meet with success at an AT&T store, though.

20. dinnadawg macrumors member

Which PA store did u go to?

21. dulaney22 macrumors regular

Why on Earth would you buy the phone without an official response from Apple as to the reception problems? While I am 70% sure that Apple will acknowledge and fix the problem, you are actually gonna bet $300 and 2 years service agreement on it?

22. RedburnIV macrumors regular

RedburnIV

I'll be at the ATT store off Tilghman in Allentown, PA. Anyone else going to be there?? I don't plan on camping out, there's atleast 3 other stores in the area so I figure it shouldn't be too hectic tomorrow, but ya never know.

23. Bob Loblaw macrumors regular

Bob Loblaw

It's better than continuing to use this ancient Nokia (which has cingular on it) since I sold my 3G.

24. MikeTheVike macrumors regular

Went to a store yesterday and they said the same thing. They said maybe I could call tonight and see if they have an idea on quantity, but were not positive. I'm going to drive by at 6am and check out the situation, but if it looks like more than 30 people, I'm out.

25. InvalidBassist macrumors regular

InvalidBassist

Because my screen is busted, and I'm tired of waiting on things that might not happen. I've held an iPhone 4 and only when tried to reduce the signal did the reception get bad.