Anyone cancel their preorder with Apple to buy at Apple Store? At&t related.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rm.237, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Rm.237, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012

Rm.237 macrumors 6502

I'm stuck with the dreaded Oct.5th delivery date and had wanted to cancel my preorder with Apple to turn around and get in line for Friday's release. I have heard different things about how long the process takes for At&t to reset customers as being elegible for upgrade after the cancellation. Of course At&t would be best to discuss this with BUT the problem is I have called twice now and after being on hold a total of 30 mins both customer service reps stated they would have to get back with me by phone to have another member of their customer service support team answer my question. Has anyone cancelled their preorder this week in hopes of buying somewhere else this Friday? Thanks in advance.

2. Rm.237 thread starter macrumors 6502

I'm sure someone has cancelled a preorder. Anybody?

3. ps45 macrumors regular

I have. I had to call AT&T. I was on hold a long time, and first I was told it couldn't be cancelled and I would have to return the package when it arrived. But the next person I spoke to mysteriously managed it. It's now cancelled and I'm planning a trip to a Verizon store on Friday.

4. Rm.237 thread starter macrumors 6502

They kept asking me if I had already cancelled the transaction when I hadn't already. I have a feeling that if I had said yes they would have taken care of things for me. It was the fact I was asking a general question that they were blowing me off. Seems like a big risk to take at this point. Good for you though!

5. erzeszut macrumors regular

I cancelled mine too -- although it was stuck in "Attention" status, so that may have made it easier. It wasn't really processing.

AT&T told me I'd get a cancellation email, which I haven't as of yet (about 4 hours later). But the online order status tool updated to "cancelled" almost instantly.

6. ryhno45 macrumors regular

I cancelled my apple order, which had a delivery date of Oct. 5.

As soon as my cancellation went though, I checked the upgrade availability through ATT online and it said I was eligible.

So it should happen very fast. You can always confirm with an ATT rep. (Which I also did.)