Anyone care to speculate on release date of 10.9.1?

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by tawcat, Dec 9, 2013.

  1. tawcat macrumors regular

    Joined:
    May 3, 2011
  2. Sky Blue Guest

    Sky Blue

    Joined:
    Jan 8, 2005
    #2
    You mean 10.9.1? The front page reported that it had been released to AppleCare staff last week, so it could be out this week or next.
     
  3. ls1dreams macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2009
    #3
    I'm losing my mind waiting for this. This is the slowest .1 release they've done (at least in the last 5 years or so). Hopefully that means a lot of bug fixes.

    I have an SSD sitting here waiting to be installed!

    I'm guessing it will be out by the end of this week, but probably no later than next week.
     
  4. hankdu macrumors member

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2011
    #4
    Why don't you just install the SSD and apply the update later when dot 1 update is released?
     
  5. ufkdo macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 30, 2010
    Location:
    Turkey
    #5
    They are probably waiting for Mac Pro release date to release 10.9.1 to the public. They mentioned in the keynote that Mac Pro will ship with a newer version of Mavericks. I thought they meant 10.9.2 but it seems they were talking about 10.9.1
     
  6. ls1dreams macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Aug 13, 2009
    #6
    Hmm if that's the case then it means Dec 16th from rumors.
     
  7. 2trout macrumors member

    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2013
    #7
    I've got a developer account and have been running the '3rd' version of 10.9.1 for a little while.
    I've never had serious issues with my Mavericks upgrade, but it has pretty much eliminated the beach ball, on the odd occasion just for a split second, I've not had any more g-mail/mail issues, so it does seem to have addressed a lot of initial issues.
     
  8. Bah-Bah macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2013
    #8
    Anyone care to speculate on release date of 10.9.1?

    I use some 3d software that is seriously crippled under 10.9 and I'm hoping 10.9.1 fixes OpenGL issues and means I can upgrade.

    Anybody care to make an educated guess at a release date for 10.9.1? There was a developer release a few weeks ago I think, so I've been checking the news daily recently in the hope that it would be released but no joy so far.

    Thanks
     
  9. w0lf macrumors 65816

    w0lf

    Joined:
    Feb 16, 2013
    Location:
    USA
  10. Sko macrumors regular

    Sko

    Joined:
    Oct 17, 2009
    Location:
    Germany
  11. fisherking macrumors 601

    fisherking

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2010
    Location:
    ny somewhere
    #11
    the day before the day after it's released...
     
  12. Bah-Bah macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 28, 2013
  13. KoolAid-Drink macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2013
    Location:
    California
    #13
    I was betting on today, too, but bummed it didn't come today :mad: However, I have an inkling it'll be as soon as tomorrow or Thursday. Let's see what happens.
     
  14. flopticalcube macrumors G4

    flopticalcube

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2006
    Location:
    In the velcro closure of America's Hat
    #14
    Long overdue now. With 10.9.2 already under testing, its a time to release 10.9.1 already...
     
  15. tywebb13 macrumors 68000

    Joined:
    Apr 21, 2012
    #15
    But the trouble is that if apple rush out an unfinished buggy 10.9.1 people will say "oh no! 10.9.1 is buggy. Give me 10.9.2 pronto!"..... and so on it goes.

    So better to wait for a better quality 10.9.1, not rushed out. Just released when it is ready.
     
  16. amoergosum macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Oct 20, 2008
    #16
    10.9.1
    Will be a lot more fun.
    No WD hard drives will be erased.
    You all will be amazed.
     
  17. flopticalcube, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013

    flopticalcube macrumors G4

    flopticalcube

    Joined:
    Sep 7, 2006
    Location:
    In the velcro closure of America's Hat
    #17
    It only has to be less buggy than 10.9.0. Given that the last release of 10.9.1 had no known issues, that would have been sufficient. My guess is that they are waiting for something else like the Mac Pro although they should have done a custom release for that. They seem to be losing interest in the Mac line. Given the miniscule share that Macs provide of Apple's revenue these days, I can't really blame them but it is a shame for all those who have issues that can be addressed right now.
     

Share This Page