Anyone care to speculate (or reason) on timeline for the NEXT MBA?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by vanillagorilla, Dec 20, 2010.

1. vanillagorilla macrumors newbie

So, I bought the original MBA at it's release, and loved it. In September, I had multiple issues with it (Hinge, ?/Folder Icon on boot, then Kernel Panics, all in a 3 week span), and Apple replaced it under my AppleCare with the Rev. C, and I have been happier than ever.

I don't use this machine to it's potential, and it does everything I ask without fail, so truthfully, I don't need the new MBA, but want one. I would be buying it purely as a luxury, and to have the latest toy.

Since I am not a power user, I am not really concerned about what may come as far as Specs. in the next revision, but I am more interested in what people think maybe the timeline for it's release?

Will it go back to "regular" updates, or do you think we'll have another 12+ month wait before we see the next MBA?

2. KPOM macrumors G5

I'm guessing that it will get more regular updates. The new model appears to be selling very well. The Rev A-C models were niche products. That said, I would be surprised to see any update before July of next year.

I had the Rev A (1.8GHz HD) and Rev B (1.86GHz SSD) models before trading up to the Rev D (2.13GHz "Ultimate") in November. I really like the form factor. I can see holding onto my current version through a revision or two.