Anyone catch the nerd prom? (WH dinner)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by str1f3, May 9, 2009.

1. str1f3 macrumors 68000

I thought Obama was funny and Sykes a little bit less so. She hit Limbaugh so hard I winced. It was probably well deserved.Your thoughts?

2. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

3. str1f3 thread starter macrumors 68000

4. jonbravo77 macrumors 6502a

jonbravo77

Obama pokes fun at Republicans, Clinton, self at annual dinner

I found Obama to be pretty funny at this dinner. Not only able to poke fun at others but himself and what a lot of his adversaries have been saying about him thus far.

You can watch his comments on CNN..

I liked the prompter gag at the beginning...

5. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I don't like his joke about the whole AF1/New York fiasco ...

For those that missed it, he said his daughters couldn't make it because they were grounded, they just can't take AF1 out for a joyride over Manhattan ...

The Biden leash joke was pretty good.

6. beatzfreak macrumors 6502

That joke is old. New Yorkers have been telling it for almost two weeks. I thought it was funny at first.

7. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

While they might be, it is still bad taste to be joking about it when your office caused the whole thing ... especially when he was furious over it not all that long ago. But, it's just my opinion.

8. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

9. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

In poorer taste than looking under the White House furniture for those missing Iraqi WMDs?

10. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I missed that one ...

11. Little HZ macrumors regular

Little HZ

12. blackfox macrumors 65816

blackfox

As far a WH correspondents events go - Colbert in 2006 still sets the bar for me.

That said, it is always refreshing to see a more "relaxed" President. I found the exchange between Obama and Steele pretty funny (among other bits).

13. werther macrumors regular

Here is the text from Sykes' Limbaugh joke:

source: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0509/22322.html

I first thought it was little low class considering the event. But then I remembered watching and rewatching Colbert's performance and laughing hysterically.

I can't blame Wanda Sykes. I mean it's Wanda Sykes. They should know the personality of whom they are booking for the gig beforehand; same goes for the Bush/Colbert situation.

14. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I say we ignore Limbaugh from now on. He's become a joke. I'm actually now embarrassed that I listened to the guy during the Clinton years. Picking on him these days is like picking on the former high school bully who knocked up two girls in his teens and has trouble staying out of jail. It's more sad than anything else. Let him pout his way out of his career and back into the unemployment line.

15. yg17 macrumors G5

yg17

If she had made the kidney failure joke about pretty much any other person on this planet, I would've said it was low class. But this is Rush Lardbaugh we're talking about, perhaps the most vile, hateful, bigoted, pill popping male chauvanist pig known to man. He is with Osama Bin Laden and Fred Phelps in the small, very exclusive group of people whose graves I hope I get a chance to piss on before I die. I think he's fair game for anything.

16. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Anyone who makes fun of Parkinson's sufferers really shouldn't be complaining about anyone else as crass or over-the-top.

17. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

That's also true. He has become truly reprehensible.

18. macfan881 macrumors 68020

Stewart had a good bit on this tonight but yeah i find it funny when limaugh says he wants him to fail not one single republican said oh he went to far or that should not have been said etc etc. but after what she said you can see all the republicans going wha wha wha she said something mean. it just shows you again how dare any one attacks the all mighty Rush:rolleyes:

and you know with the way rush has been latley with the republicans i would not be shocked if he trys to run in 2012

19. Little HZ macrumors regular

Little HZ

Yes. That was a Hall of Fame performance--and came at a time when it was really needed. The man has nerves of steel to have delivered that act live in front of the audience he did. :eek: