Anyone considering the InvisibleShield/BodyGuardz for the new alu macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by rugox, Oct 21, 2008.

1. rugox macrumors regular

2. Kane.Elson macrumors regular

There was a thread the other day about "Best skins ever" with pics on the new macbook. Apparently they are heaps cheaper than the Invisible Shield.

Personally I wouldn't get those things, what is the point of having a good looking laptop if you are going to cover it in cheap looking plastic crap ? I would rather be careful and let it age gracefully than try and protect it by making it look like that.

3. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

4. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

I've been considering it . I've used it on phones, but never on a laptop. Want to know how others think about it as well.

5. Greystorm macrumors member

I thought about it and decided not to put anything on my Macbook (when the courier can finally deliver it that is!!!).

I would think that putting anything over the aluminium would reduce the ability of the body to dispel heat causing the machine to run hotter.

6. steamed.hams macrumors 6502

steamed.hams

These shields aren't insulators. (The heat will dissipate through the thin plastic.)

7. Obama macrumors member

I'm waiting for my skin to arrive from bestskinssever $29.99. I will post pics and give a review when I'm done.

8. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails

which of the three are best to get? invisible shield? or bestskinz ever? or body guardz?

I'm pretty confused.

9. Greystorm macrumors member

Thanks. That's good to know.

I'm still going to stick with an uncovered machine.

Courier finally came. I love the new machine. I've been waiting since late March when my Dell notebook was stolen and rumours were around back then of an impending MacBook replacement.... it's good to have a notebook again.

10. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Invisibleshields and bestskinz are darn similar, if not identical. BS's are cheaper, but IS is having a 40% off coupon code deal on the 31st.

11. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I've used these protectors on all of my MBP laptops and they're great. not only do they provide excellent protection from life's potential accidents, but they all have a slight rubbery feel which makes it much easier to pick up your laptop and reduce the risk of it accidentally slipping from your grasp.

12. RedRocksU2 macrumors member

RedRocksU2

Good thread.
    I would love to see pictures of what these look like.

I just got the Alum 13" 2.4 and I am thinking of getting these protectors, but I would like to keep the appearance of the unit looking good.

13. RedRocksU2 macrumors member

RedRocksU2

Exactly.

I was thinking this too.

14. Queen of Spades macrumors 68030

Queen of Spades

I bought one. I'll post up pics when I get it..

15. RedRocksU2 macrumors member

RedRocksU2

16. fk51785 macrumors regular

i bought invisibleshield for my new macbook.

it protected my old macbookpro very well.

also use code "BackSide20" to save 20% off.

17. pw1388 macrumors member

I bought the invisible shield. I have it on my iPhone and I love it. I preorder the Macbook version and also the back shield part of my iPhone because of that they give me a free Dash Grip and 30% off. Sweet Deals!

18. jettie1767 macrumors regular

I've ordered Invisible Shield and am waiting. Used it for my old MBP and I also have it on my iPhone and love it.

19. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

I'm a big fan of BSE and have had their skins on both my iPhones. But the Bodyguardz site shows that their skin covers the sides as well. And while IS shows their coverage on their site, BSE doesn't. Anyone have any of these yet and care to share some pics.

20. watergun macrumors regular

21. Obama macrumors member

I applied my BSE last night. I must say that it does give it a cheap glossy look (as shown in pics above) But I'm leaving it on anyway. I'd rather have that protection. Bse does not cover the sides but it did come with extra strips that look like they should be applied to the sides but they don't match the design. and I have no idea why they added the extra strips.

22. MacLadybug macrumors 6502a

MacLadybug

I saw the pictures you posted of your previous MBP and you did an awesome job. Part of me wants to try BSE but part of me is scared I'll screw everything up. Please post pics of your Aluminum Macbook when you do it. That may help me decide. Thanks

23. jettie1767 macrumors regular

Installed BSE on my alum macbook. Was not hard to install at all. Granted, this is not the first time I've done it so I'm quite used to putting these type of proctectors on.

24. Victor ch macrumors 6502a

Victor ch

I see this 'covers' the same as using plastic cover over your furniture. On iPods and iPhones (as well as with other mobile devices) its OK since you drop them and go thru a rougher life, a nice case and proper care is the way to go on laptops. Just my 2 cents.

Victor

25. Jollins macrumors regular

Jollins

After the skin/shield is applied, is the notebook's ability to close affected at all? Also, does the part on the palm rest contact the screen when closed?