Anyone decided to buy the 13" MBP over the 15" MBP after today's keynote?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by entatlrg, Jun 8, 2009.

1. entatlrg macrumors 68040

entatlrg

Just wondering how many are going to order the 13" instead of the 15" now that it's beefed up a little.

If so, what made you change your mind?

2. mrmahaffey macrumors newbie

First, I think Apple should have left the "Macbooks" be "Macbooks", anger is with in me about this! Yes do all that they did (put in firewire 800, sd card slot, all that). But keep it Macbook!

Next, drop the Macbook Pro price to 1,699 (like they did) but keep the 9400 + 9600 GPUs in ALL macbook pro models (15 inch at least) and I want an express card slot for my 3G card but I guess I could live with USB. Oh and keep the battery thing! .

Also, SD card slot?? Really? The card doesn't even go in all the way! here is an idea how about an other USB port! You can never go wrong with adding more USB ports! I have seen people in Best Buy (When I worked there), they would give up a ram or hd space or even processor speed (and/or make). for more USB ports! it is like how when women go car shopping, # cup holders can make the difference of witch car she wants (or buys) (i am not being sexist, studies have shown!). As it is good to have both cup-holders and USB ports, there is a fix for both at least, just go to walmart and spend $8.

In other words, no..... for me at least. sorry for the rant :D

3. applevik macrumors member

13" pro

I think Apple's choice of making the 13" a Pro brings the series of Pro's down. Bad move. Are you kidding me? 1280 resolution qualifies for the Pro label? Um, no.

4. iomatic macrumors regular

I actually had a 15" in my cart, ready to go, until the end of the keynote. My justification is I think I can live with the 9400M, especially with 4GB RAM, better screen, FireWire (have a few drives that have been using USB instead), and the SD card built-in means no reader attached.

I have an external monitor, so I rarely ever use my current Air alone. When I traveled, it worked just fine (I wasn't editing videos or anything).

So yes, I bought a 13" instead. It's going to be great.