Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Six

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
I'm bored, so I thought I'd entertain myself by starting a new thread.. Anyone ever done any wild or unique upgrades? Like a while back MacAddict did an article about "Turning your old computer in to a nitroburing funny mac" They did some pretty cool stuff. Anyone?

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Mad Visiting

Me and a friend once traveled to Wales (Apple not there now :() and tried to get in to see new macs (before MYNY2001) but we failed misribly!

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
iRack predator.

A soon as I get some time I'm gonna rack mount a Rev B iMac carcus with a Voodoo2 card and a Harmoni processor upgrade in an SGI "Predator" rack. If I can get a new LCD iMac I'll add my Rev D and another Harmoni. I think it'd be neat to have 2 iMac 466's with 512, real monitors, 2 hard drives each, FW and enough video RAM on one of them to be useful. I could move to working at home and put in a pair of expansion chassis' for my G4 sawtooth. Talk about "FrankenMac"!!:D :cool:

Interiority

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2001
England
Wales??

When were Apple in Wales?

Given that I'm working in sunny Prestatyn at the moment, maybe my purchasing a TiBook would rectify the situation??

Beej

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2002
I don't know that you'd call this wild...

I've got a super bright blue LED that lights up the Apple on the front of my G4, and two more that sit inside the front top clear handle and make it glow wicked blue - it looks amazing.

Yeah, not real wild, but I felt wild while I was doing it - you know, brand new mac, in bits, drill...

748s

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2001
Tiger Bay
when i get the time........a water cooling system, with the pumps and refrigeration unit at least 100 metres away. that fan (G4 867) is making me deaf.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.