Anyone Done iPhone Lines in Bethesda?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VTHockey11, Sep 20, 2012.

1. VTHockey11 macrumors newbie

Trying to figure out what type of line to expect at the Apple Store in Bethesda, MD.

Has anyone stood in line for an iPhone launch there before? Or even better, are you there now?

Would love to know when I should show up. Is 6 AM going to be okay? Should I be there earlier? Later?

2. xFierce macrumors newbie

I can't tell you about the line but from last year I remember calling them afternoon and they still had plenty of iPhones in stock.

3. VTHockey11 thread starter macrumors newbie

That's awesome news! So you mean after the line died down they still had stock? That would be just gravy.

4. amlackerrors macrumors newbie

200+ in line by 5:30 am when the iPhone 4 launched

iPhone 4 launch at Bethesda Row store, MD -

Walk-in line (not the pre-ordered line, which was separate and equally long):
    Overnight there were maybe 100 in the pre-ordered/in-store pickup line already.
    By 5:30 am about 200 in line.
    Waiting list was created at 6:45 am, in case they ran out and so some people could leave and return the next day and be on a list.
    By 7am maybe 220-250 in line.
    Store opened at 7 am.
    Staff told those beyond about person #150 that it is 50-50 they'll get one, meaning that arriving by 5:30 am did not guarantee a phone.
    By 8:30am, only about 100 left in line, after some entered the store/ got phones, but also some gave up because of the slow progress, and others kept arriving.
    Very hard to say how many they were serving (allowing into the store) per hour.

The next day, it was much easier. They must have gotten more phones. I arrived at 9:30 am and the line had only 14 people outside and others inside. Still had to wait just over an hour, but got the iPhone 4 before 11 am.

5. bluecluee macrumors member

Towson

As a heads up, there is already 3 people in line at the Towson store!

6. GoreVidal macrumors 6502a

GoreVidal

That's because there's nothing else to do in Towson.

7. SAIRUS macrumors 6502a

Tempting to get in line, only if they would sell me one out of contract.

8. leenak macrumors 68020

Unrelated question, I've never been to the Bethesda Row location, do they tend to stock more accessories or would the mall be a better option? I plan to go next week and I think I'm going to add Applecare+ but also wanted to look at what they had.

9. 301finest macrumors regular

I was actually considering the Pentagon city location this time around..

10. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

Montgomery mall store is rather small. Actually I think Bethesda Row is bigger.

Trouble with BR these days is parking is a disaster since they shut down a large parking lot there for a building to go up. Garage right near the store is a disaster. At least the mall has easy parking.

This is all predicated on going next week. MMall tends to have longer lines on launch day I think. BR will also give you Dunkin Donuts and coffee in line.

11. leenak macrumors 68020

Thanks for the tip. Malls actually drive me crazy with all the noise and people and ugh hah. I just usually go to the mall though because it is easy to get to and parking is easy.

12. TannerH macrumors regular

Shouldn't this be in the "iPhone Launch Meetups" category?

13. Scott6666 macrumors 65816

Scott6666

I just drove by Bethesda Row for you. There are about 25 people already in line.

But 690 parking spaces in the garage and 8 or so street spots open!

14. skapone33 macrumors newbie

Anyone know if any phones/line status at Towson Town?