Anyone done the un-thinkable? Fine sandpaper on sides of iP5?

bbplayer5

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Apr 13, 2007
Wondering what it would look like... Taking some very fine sandpaper and going over the sides of the phone with it. Would kill resale value id assume, but wonder what it would look like? Probably just a really shiny and slightly larger iPhone 4s?

Charadis

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010
I think it would look pretty slick, but an uber scratch magnet. Resale value could take a hit, but I don't think a very big hit it done well/professionally. Are you thinking about doing this?

-C

Last edited by a moderator:
Comment

procrastinasn

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2010
I think it would look pretty slick, but an uber scratch magnet. Resale value could take a hit, but I don't think a very big hit it done well/professionally. Are you thinking about doing this?

-C
I'm also curious to see this.. that would be interesting..

Last edited by a moderator:
Comment

rockyroad55

macrumors 601
Jul 14, 2010
Phila, PA
I remember reading a thread from a while ago from someone doing this to their 3G/S chrome trim and it looked like a matte trim afterwards. Really nice.

Comment

dasx

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2012
Barcelona
One of the early design rumors showed the exact model we now have but with a steel bezel instead of the anodized aluminum one (so it was all silver like in the 4 and 4S). I'm sure someone will find the pic and post it here.

It looked amazing for what I can recall.

----------

Found this:

Looks amazing imo.

Comment

richmds

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2012
After seeing Dasx post, dont do it. An all chrome look would be hideous.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.