Anyone dump their Samsung S3 for the iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jp700p, Sep 14, 2012.

1. jp700p macrumors regular

I got the S3 on launch date. The S3 is the best android phone I have ever had. But the poor battery life and crappy apps (most of them crashed or didn't work at all) I was ready to go back.

My S3 is on ebay and waiting a new owner. Got my order in for the iPhone 5 this morning.

Anyone here in the same boat?

2. hawk1410 macrumors 6502

Thinking of dumping my HTC One X, but I'll wait till i can get a good look at the new iPhone first

3. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

Add me to the club. As great as the S3 is as an Android device, I missed the integration with other Apple products my iPhone gave. Android is great as a standalone, but when you have multiple products that work so well together, it's usually better to have a match.

I agree that apps for the most part are more refined and are usually just better on iOS. For me, and this is totally subjective, the only reason I went with Android for a little while was for the customization options. But I quickly got bored and would rather not have to worry about all that. So back to iPhone I go! :D

4. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

5. hypotc macrumors member

I just sold my S3 to get an iPhone 5. I've been using iPhones since 2008. Got an S3 in june, but it just didn't feel that great. In my opinion, Andriod seems cheap, and the performance was not that great.

6. Prime85 macrumors 6502a

Prime85

The S3 is the top of the line android... Which is not really saying much. All those features are just for show and really are quite useless. I will be getting the unlocked iphone 5 when they start selling it. Sucks i am stuck with my S3 for another few weeks.

7. orlandocano macrumors regular

sold my 4s 3 weeks ago and needed a phone in the mean time so i got a s3 from bestbuy at full retail with the intention of returning it and getting iphone 5 activations through them (ended up pre-ordering with them and att)...

very very disappointed with my gs3....

it really makes no sense to me how a phone with 2gb of ram can lag during the simplest tasks (typing a text message, closing out of simple apps like whatsapp).. i dont even have music in it and have only installed like 3 or 4 apps.. it feels so cheap and plasticky too... i couldnt help but laugh at all the people who were saying "iphone 5 is just a tall 4s, thanks for pushing me over to samsung, apple!" ... also used the htc one x for a week and that feels solid and did not lag nearly as much.. but i, for one, was not impressed with the galaxy s3... clunky, laggy and cheap feeling... that is just my opinion!!!

8. tekno macrumors 6502a

i was prepared to switch (only a fool would buy a product based on 'brand loyalty') but not a chance I'm going to give-up my S3 for the iPhone 5.

Apple will have to do a lot more to win me back.

9. Hackintosh Sr. macrumors regular

10. Lyrical macrumors regular

Android isnt very optimized to begin with. That the manufacturers (samsung, htc etc...) mess it up even more. Even with a quad core and 2 gb ram the S3 struggles. iPhone 5 baby :)

11. jordanb505 macrumors newbie

Yup. I had the Verizon Galaxy S3 for about two weeks and returned it one day before the contract "grace period" would've been up. It was a decent phone, but I really missed the App Store/iTunes and iOS overall.

12. PerfectDB macrumors regular

I'm in the same boat. Gave both the S3 and One X a try for about a month, and although Android has come a long way I still preferred iOS overall - I will miss the bigger displays though.

13. applefan022 macrumors 6502

Didn't make it even 15 days with that phone, felt cheap and the OS was just absolutely horrible!